PDA

View Full Version : Sprockets??

Muggzy
06-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Any opinions on sprockets out there? I'm going to need to replace my chain and sprockets soon so I'd like some advice. I'm riding mostly woods (purely recreational) and have a 13 - 41 set-up. I'd like to keep it that way but my front sprocket is pretty worn and the chain could probably (definitely) be replaced. I'm looking at the 13T Moose chromoly steel but their rear 41T is aluminum. Not sure I like the idea of an aluminum sprocket. Any suggestions on a long lasting chain would be welcome also. I just bought a cheap chain for $29 but realize that's probably a big mistake.

1996dragshee
06-03-2010, 12:38 AM
I run aluminum rear sprockets on my 10 mill banshee with a regina chain...never had a problem.besides a master link breaking

13/41 is great for trail/woods riding IMO

yamahahaha
06-03-2010, 01:50 PM
renthal is the best i would say, chain and sprocket... i had a steel sunstar rear sprocket on my banshee and it will last you a long time, it didnt need to b replaced.

Muggzy
06-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'm going with a Marshall O-ring chain, a Sunstar steel 41T sprocket in the rear and the Moose 13T front. I heard some pretty convincing stuff about the Marshall chains on Banshee HQ.

I'm currently wetting down the chain with WD-40 after I wash down my quad at the end of the day. I think it should be safe for the O-rings and it displaced the water. Any other suggestions?