PDA

View Full Version : Dead Body -->

buck440
06-02-2010, 03:34 PM
i think this is a new trick. thought it was cool enough to show. THE DEAD BODY:scary:

PaRedneckRiders
06-02-2010, 04:02 PM
ive seen it done b4 but not like that haha
Thats pretty SICK if u ask me

Scro
06-02-2010, 04:23 PM
How those guys keep track of which way is up, is beyond me.:eek2:

aDviSol2y
06-02-2010, 04:40 PM
almost looks fake to me. :ermm:

buck440
06-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
almost looks fake to me. :ermm:

how can a picture from the internet be fake? but seriously he'll be pulling this off in best trick in the x games coming up.

ohsobad_chevy
06-02-2010, 05:43 PM
This sport is getting insanely crazy!!

250r rider 88
06-02-2010, 06:02 PM
pretty sick, anyone know who it is? can't tell you don't see too many freestylers on kawis for some odd reason

and if pastrana can show up and do the TP roll at x games that is gonna blow everything else out of the water

250r rider 88
06-02-2010, 06:07 PM
heres the vid for those who haven't seen it, word is he has this down a lot better and over a little bit bigger gap

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1laC59OLR70&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1laC59OLR70&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

IRISH-RACER-14
06-02-2010, 07:21 PM
that had to be photoshopped

250r rider 88
06-02-2010, 07:32 PM
looks to good for photoshop even for a professional, where he is at in relation to the ramp and the landing and the amount of rotation he is through his flip i would say it is def. real

muddy400EX
06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
twitch is ridin a kawi 450 for this year. but its white with rockstar graphics. dunno who that would be:confused:

buck440
06-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by IRISH-RACER-14
that had to be photoshopped

read up on him, bottom of page.
http://espn.go.com/action/fmx/blog?page=2

the tp roll is looking unlikely
http://www.fuel.tv/keithburgie/2010/5/catching-up-with-travis-pastrana/

these athletes are just plane nuts! heck travis said he could do about any variation of the doubl backflip but think it's a been there done that trick lol. they keep pushing the limits pretty good. oh and i hope scott murray blows his bike up again with the rod shooting through his leg this year:rolleyes:

250r rider 88
06-02-2010, 08:09 PM
wow im really surprised twitch is riding a 450, just seems like alot of extra weight for fmx but whatever floats his boat i guess

no love for scott murray here either

Brad77
06-02-2010, 10:38 PM
That pic is just plain awesome. Very talented riders doing those tricks.

I really really hope that Scott Murray does not try his doomed double back flip again this year. After failing that first year at X-games the guy really needed to just stay at home. To my knowledge that is his only trick and he has not successfully completed at xgames yet. Stay home Scott !

muddy400EX
06-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
wow im really surprised twitch is riding a 450, just seems like alot of extra weight for fmx but whatever floats his boat i guess

ya but i think he may onto something. i think there will be more dudes switching
but look at this freakin thing! sick
:eek2:
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm83/94Phoenix/258X1803.jpg

ATVMX33
06-03-2010, 06:33 AM
that thing is sick!

ROTTY261
06-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Wait till one them starts using the KTM 350! Lots of power in a light little frame, triple back flip?

250r rider 88
06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
there wouldn't be enough momentum and everything that goes into a flip to do a triple, physics won't allow it in my opinion

J.Brown121
06-03-2010, 10:43 AM
The reason there weren't many guys using 450's is because they would stall when being flipped, but now they are fuel injected so a lot of guys are making the switch for the power of the 450.

yellowzo3
06-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Twitch said the 450 isn't bad... He mentioned that it took a little getting used to since the entire bike behaves differently but he didn't seem worried about leaving the 2 stroke for the 4. Soon everyone will be on a 4 stroke so the sooner he gets dialed on one the better.

As far as Scott Murray goes, is he coming back AGAIN? At first he was the underdog we were all cheering for but now hes the laughing stock of X games. He has 0 tricks in his bag. How does he qualify to be in the Games every year?

To be honest I'm not even excited for X Games this year. Even though a new generation of riders is here and they're pulling INSANE stuff, its just not the same as it used to be. Seems like we have this discussion every year around this time though :p ... Once rally came into the X Games that killed it for me. :( Heck, I can't even find half the stuff on tv at the right time. The stuff they used to promote a ton... like bmx park and stuff like that is on in the middle of the day when no one's around to watch it.

lasher45
06-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I just popped in the old Huevos videos a couple days ago, it's amazing how cool all those trick used to be. Now there being done with backflips and 360's. Not sure how much more people can do on a dirtbike in the air...

there wouldn't be enough momentum and everything that goes into a flip to do a triple, physics won't allow it in my opinion
I agree, if it is possible to do on the bikes of today it would need to be extremely light with a ton of pull to get the bike flipping off the ramp. I'm sure one day people will be doing triple backflips, 720's and tons of other tricks that today would seem "impossible"

ben300
06-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88

a few years ago, they said physics wouldnt allow the double....

now who knows what they're gonna do

dehner47
06-03-2010, 11:04 AM
for all you non believers out there. that photo is not photoshopped. its a rider by the name of Rich Kearns. photos were takin by a top mx/sx/fmx photogragher Chris Tedesco. he shoots pics for all the major mags like racerx and Transworld mx. Rich has been practicing these "Dead Flips" in order to get a shot at best trick at this years summer X games.

with extention like that, he deff has a chance to medal. thats it Travis wads himself up again on his "TP Roll" and Jimmy Fitspatrick lawn darts himself head first into the ground while doing his front flip. deff gonna be fun to watch.

lasher45
06-03-2010, 11:09 AM
...thats it Travis wads himself up again on his "TP Roll" and Jimmy Fitspatrick lawn darts himself head first into the ground while doing his front flip. deff gonna be fun to watch.

Travis said in an interview that he's not going to do best trick unless he perfects the "TP roll" since his hip is still bothering him from last year ....There most likely will be a front flip that gets landed this year though, I've seen a couple videos of guys landing them. Who knows though.

slainwarrior
06-03-2010, 11:11 AM
thanks for clearing that up dehner47... i know for a fact its real my buddys friends with him and showed me the pics awhile back when he first started learning them and comeing from him i know its not bs he's got alot of connects in the fmx industry

dehner47
06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
travis always says hes not doing something. but he is a true showman and a true entertainer. dont be shocked if you see him going for it. remember, he lives to push the bar.

rbgnwa45
06-03-2010, 11:52 AM
It seems like Travis is going to one day crash small and break everything in his body because he's still healing and be permafked. Of course a tripple is possible, physics allows it. You can do 50 flips if you have enough air and balls, and a good idea of which way is up. I still think the corolla flip is the coolest and a backflip corolla would be near impossible. I think it would be interesting to see jump lips curve opposite the landing direction, maybe they can do half-barrel rolls, landing in the direction they came, onto a higher platform. A tripple flip would be left for the 250-500 ft, soooo dangerous, I don't even want to see it.

ATVMX33
06-03-2010, 02:14 PM
i want to see someone flip the bike but them stay upright...sort like the electric doom but the opposite

Scro
06-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
i want to see someone flip the bike but them stay upright...sort like the electric doom but the opposite

LOL I wouldn't doubt it. Tricks today are starting to look like the tricks you could do in MX vs. ATV Unleashed, only then you thought they would be impossible in real life.:p

Wired
06-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by J.Brown121
The reason there weren't many guys using 450's is because they would stall when being flipped, but now they are fuel injected so a lot of guys are making the switch for the power of the 450.

haha where'd you get that info from?

guys are switching now cause they were too stubborn to switch years ago. and now finding out the 4 strokes aren't any harder if not easier to ride. now that potter nate and twitch are riding 4 bangers everyone else is switching cause its now "cool" to ride 4 strokes. its like fmx is still in high school sort of speak

JR3
06-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by dehner47
travis always says hes not doing something. but he is a true showman and a true entertainer. dont be shocked if you see him going for it. remember, he lives to push the bar.

for real travis is a nut it seems like when they tell him travis u cant do that it just propels him more and whats up with ur phone homey been tryin to get ahold of u shoot me a pm brooooo

jesseweaver
06-03-2010, 10:04 PM
there will for a fact be front flips landed in best trick this year and i dont think it's gonna be enough to win. and im thinking it will possibly be thrown in an fmx run. i dont think fitz's gonna get it though. jackos got it down, that kids a nut. and rumor has it bilko has something nasty.

is the invite list out yet? im pretty sure murrays not going to get an invite unless he has some sort of variation, which i haven't heard anything about. maybe sincs gonna get one :ermm: hes crazy too i can't imagine going for double flips again after what he went through.

and how long until distance jumpings in the x games? :D i'd love to see that and im sure if they started making a contest out of it they'd be up towards 500ft in no time. maybe a little too dangerous...