PDA

View Full Version : 115mm rods on stock stroke?

2001warriorman
06-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Ive heard of putting blaster pistons in and that you need the long rods and a couple other things? I've also heard you can use long rods and the stroker pistons and it'd be a direct bolt up.

My question is how much of an improvement am I going to see from either one of these? My cylinders are ported and are 65.5 and could prob use a bore job anyways so going to 66.00 for blaster pistons is no biggy if need be and my crank needs rebuilt so theres no problem putting rods in.

What are your thoughts on either of these setups? Im more interested in the blaster piston setup honestly unless theres realy no reason to and I could just use stroker pistons. Im just looking for a little more nuts the cylinders I have now have some home porting from someone but no intake or exhaust port work and I was planning on putting these on anyway, Also I have a coolhead so if I need different domes thats no problem. Thanks!

hondamancbr03
06-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I ran 115 with blaster pstons in an oversized sleeve for years, i ported it to match my pipes which i had set up for mid to top...That engine set up to this day was still my fav! I switched to a 4mil running my blaster pistons and still like the stock stroke a little better.

lukey
06-16-2010, 01:50 AM
i run with the power pistons buy vitos athena 10 port 13 degree domes 24cc 4mm crank stoke rods tunnig it is scary ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:devil:

lukey
06-16-2010, 02:26 AM
it would be heavier on a stock crank i had that option with my athenacyld vitos power pistons i would think it wound make more low end thump with the 115 rod . like like cuttin 5 inches of my shotgun:ermm: