PDA

View Full Version : Steel City

redonkulousruntsracing
06-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I just wanted to throw a thanks out to everyone who helps us out at this race.

We had non-stop bad luck-itis this weekend. When we left home I was 100% confident that Seth's quad was in top notch order. Friday practice saw him eat 3 clutch springs. Saturday morning practice yeilded a broken swing arm taking him out for the day. Sunday was the only bright spot on the weekend, our set up was waayyy off from changing out so many parts the 2 days before,but Seth rode his little heart out to finish mid pack in both classes after being about dead last on both starts. I was happy with that. After that we packed up and drove 11 hours to a double points race for District 3 just to have the rear axle blow on my truck, which by the way suffered a deer hit on the way down to the race. And about 2 hours from Royal Mountain it broke an exhaust manifold. We looked like a Sanford & Son setup Monday morning when we showed up at the race with a loud as hell, front wheel drive GMC dragging our camper up the Royal Mountain driveway. Just to get there and have Seth's quad die on both holeshot's due to a forgotten and thought to be fixed fuel starvation issue that resurfaced causing him to finish dead last in both motos. Someone care to remind me why we do this??? At least it was broken parts and not bones. Luckily I can say that we all made it home safe, I wish I could say the same for everyone else. I cringed every time I heard that Medivac chopper coming in for a landing. We saw Dave Carter's son crash and that looked horrible, we hope for the best for him and any one else whoe rode out on that bird.

Thanks to Eric Ahlm, John Cushman, Explicit Racing and Paul Reimer for helping us out with parts. The D-3 crew of Dave and Matt Porter, Russ and Preston Young for helping find Dale to weld Seth's swing arm back together so he could at least run on Sunday. And any one else I am forgetting, Thanks.