PDA

View Full Version : '04 450r feeler

450rKid13
06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
I might be thinking about selling my 2004 Honda trx450r. Its in pretty decent shape all around, but shows signs cosmetically that it was ridden. Mechanically, the quad is fine. EXCEPT, the engine is SEIZED!! the notorious lower crank bearing went bad two weekends ago during a little practice session with my pals. The rest of the motor is sound. I pulled the valve cover and checked the timing and it is still 100% where it should be. The motor can spin freely if you turn it over backwards first and will actually run shortly, but seizes right back up again. For this reason, i haven't started since i diagnosed it.

the quad itself has a very mild MX build. it is pretty much only widened and piped. It has a fresh clutch w/ HD springs, all new fluids, and beadlock wheels w/ new mxr6's. Front tires are razr MX 19x6-10 and have 50-60% tread left. One tire needs to be replaced and both front rims could stand to be be replaced but still hold air (they're just ugly)... there are also some other odds and ends on the quad that i won't bother listing because the're irrelevent. (levers, plastics, etc.)
i have pictures of the quad and can send them upon request, just leave me a cell number or an email address to send to.

My # is (570)-807-2634 feel free to call after 3pm or txt anytime of the day. if i don't answer, leave a message and i'll call back.

Right now this is JUST A FEELER! So MAKE OFFERS!! i might be interested in selling outright or trading for a 250 4-stroke MX dirtbike. So lemme know what you've got.
Thanks everyone, -Doug.

450rKid13
06-05-2010, 09:20 AM
bump.

zzzz400
06-06-2010, 06:00 PM
I have raced out pitbike that I would trade straight up.

DLpimp4lyfe15
06-07-2010, 10:08 AM
How much you looking to get for maybe just the motor?? or even the whole bike?

450rKid13
06-07-2010, 05:59 PM
@DLpimp4lyfe15
I really don't have any idea on prices just yet. I was kinda hoping to get some offers and go from there.

@zzzz400 no thanks on the pitbike trade. I'm looking to go to a full size bike soon. Just sold my pitbike. thanks for the offer though.