PDA

View Full Version : mustang cold air intake help

yellowhonda400
06-01-2010, 08:24 PM
im looking to buy a cold air intake for my 02 mustang gt. i found this one at americanmuscle.com: http://www.americanmuscle.com/mugtv8pocoai.html
Its cheap and has good review but im not sure if it could be good if its that cheap. i was wondering if any1 uses this website and if they had any good luck with it or if they have any other cold air intakes ofr there mustang that they love. thanks

muddy400EX
06-01-2010, 09:30 PM
damn! that is cheap:eek2: i paid $300 for my SLP on my LT1.

id give it a shot tho. if it sucks, atleast it was cheap

CJM
06-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Unless it has some sort of ram air effect or such it only sucks in hot air thats worthless just so ya know.

matt14c
06-01-2010, 09:38 PM
My buddy bought a similar one like that for his 04 and he said it was a pain in the *** to install those rubber knuckles dont fit right and he said he wasnt sure if it did anything at all??? Just giving you my logic of it. I just put a K&N cold air kit on my dads 04 that i have been messing with and that was a pretty easy install but again besides little more mpg difference not sure what it did.

ATVMX33
06-02-2010, 05:12 AM
my cousin got one off american muscle..think it was bbk but im not sure
he loves it though

mineralgrey01gt
06-02-2010, 09:26 AM
JLT RAI or JLT CAI

www.jlttruecoldair.com

trust me its worth the money just for the quality, plus they can paint it to match your car and put air brushed flames on it and such.

I purchased a lot of performance parts from American muscle for my 01 GT. Also check out www.lethalperformance.com they will price match anyone and have the absolute best customer service. American muscle does also and on svtperformance.com american muscle has their own section that sometimes you can pick up discounts and such on.

Jigsaw
06-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Ya +1 on JLT.

Plus your gonna get heatsoak with the aluminum so it'd just be like throwing that money out the window

06-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
trust me its worth the money just for the quality, plus they can paint it to match your car and put air brushed flames on it and such.

I purchased a lot of performance parts from American muscle for my 01 GT.

hahahaha flames and that site is very misleading selling pony parts.

Jigsaw
06-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally it was called mustangtuning.com but ford got all pissed and wanted them to change it or so they say.

yellowhonda400
06-03-2010, 06:18 PM
thanks for all the help im still shopping around for now

eastside 400
06-03-2010, 07:34 PM
im not sure about that intake but american muscle is a great place to order from, a friend of mine works there. warehouse is huge and they have real people to answer phones and answer tech questions

06-03-2010, 10:40 PM
JEGS!!! all day son JEGS is where its at. Yes I drive an import and shop at JEGS lol.

mineralgrey01gt
06-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
hahahaha flames and that site is very misleading selling pony parts.

they look amazing on the pipes. You have to see them in person to appreciate the work it took to do it. How is it misleading? I cant wait to hear this

06-04-2010, 09:06 PM
they look amazing on the pipes. You have to see them in person to appreciate the work it took to do it. How is it misleading? I cant wait to hear this

please tell me your joking. I couldnt have put it any more clear as to what I meant. Should I have used BOLD font? Mustang is a pony car, not a muscle car.

Pipeless416
06-04-2010, 09:20 PM
please tell me your joking. I couldnt have put it any more clear as to what I meant. Should I have used BOLD font? Mustang is a pony car, not a muscle car.

here we go again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: you should really stick to your imports and just stop bothering with anything about domestics.

mineralgrey01gt
06-04-2010, 10:18 PM

mustang is a muscle car in every sense, maybe you should catch up on something other than what comes out of japan and maybe you would know what your talking about. It was debuted as a pony car back in 64 but by 1967 and maybe before most considered it a muscle car. Camaro SS, Challenger SRT8, and the mustang GT are all in the same class and guess what its dub'd? MUSCLE CAR. Again like I said in the other thread, this all just gets you off so have fun, and again like i said before plus ill add a little to this one, i really dont care what you think because obviously your not smart enough to think before you speak. Im really shocked you havent been banned yet for the idiocy you attribute to this site. I will not come back and check this thread, im done with the discussion. I put my $.02 in about what the OP should get which is a JLT.

06-04-2010, 11:20 PM
I will not come back and check this thread, im done with the discussion.

I'll put $100 he reads this and wont say anything. I win.

yellowhonda400
06-05-2010, 04:52 AM
thanks for the help mineralgrey01gt.
i just dont understand why you try to ruin every car thread that doesnt had a import in it.

quadbod
06-05-2010, 05:44 AM
I'll put $100 he reads this and wont say anything. I win.

You just can't leave it can you, always starting things.

06-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by yellowhonda400
i just dont understand why you try to ruin every car thread that doesnt had a import in it.
FAIL! That is an incorrect statement.