PDA

View Full Version : What a difference reeds make!!!

Muggzy
06-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey I had to tell somebody... I just put VForce 3 Reeds in my banshee and the difference is amazing!!! Smoothed out the unpredictable throttle response A LOT and the thing sounds SOOOO clean now with even more power.

It used to be I'd squeeze the throttle and the thing would take off, but then all of a sudden it would feel like someone hit the NOS button (don't have NOS of course) and the thing would haul ***.

With these new reeds, it's just smooth power (most of the way up) and more of it. Still a little "boost" near the end but it's soooo much smoother now.

Now I just gotta find a way to keep the bugs out of my teeth 'cause I can't stop grinning.

Muggzy
06-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah. I don't know if the reeds needed to be replaced because they were Boysens or just old. For what it's worth, they looked OK.

Hondamaster5505
06-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I really don't know the difference. The only ones I have ever had in mine, are the Boysen RAD valves. I think I might switch them out with V-force though.. I think they're part of my "narrow" power range problem.

yamahahaha
06-01-2010, 08:30 PM
i got vforce last year and i noticed a great differencs, revd up quicker, smoother, snappier, i geared up after i got them, that much power gain. probly next best things for a banshee after pipes (stock banshee)

yamahahaha
06-01-2010, 08:35 PM
^ also sounds better