PDA

View Full Version : finally got me and bike!

mineralgrey01gt
06-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Well ive wanted a bike for a while and I found one local with a blown motor. Its a 98 rm 125 for $200. All it needs is a motor. The motor on it broke the connecting rod so maybe just maybe thats all that is wrong with it and i can throw a new one in and get after it. Im also considering just selling it for $1000 once I get it done.

buck440
06-01-2010, 05:11 PM
have fun spliting the motor lol.

Canadian144
06-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Awesome, I'm hoping to stumble across a similar deal myself on a 125cc 2-stroke.

mineralgrey01gt
06-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by buck440
have fun spliting the motor lol.

wont be my first rodeo lol. Did it to quite a few trx250r motors already. I wish I could get one of those to work in the frame:devil:

krt400ex
06-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Canadian144
Awesome, I'm hoping to stumble across a similar deal myself on a 125cc 2-stroke.

its unfortunate you're in canada cuz i'd let my bike go for 1000 and the bike is pretty done up

Canadian144
06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
its unfortunate you're in canada cuz i'd let my bike go for 1000 and the bike is pretty done up

That'd be awesome man... I'd jump on that in a second if I was closer.

yellowzo3
06-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Nice man! You got a nice little project going now for pretty cheap!

Originally posted by Canadian144

Hey, you've got some drywall to buy first :devil: ...Where's the thread? I can't find it. I was going to ask how things were going with that.

Canadian144
06-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Hey, you've got some drywall to buy first :devil: ...Where's the thread? I can't find it. I was going to ask how things were going with that.

Haha shhh.... this is my project for once that gets sorted out. :rolleyes:

As of right now, everything is just drying out.... my dad knows these guys that came in and put this stuff down... it's kinda hard to explain.

Basically they put these black pads down just about everywhere there is water damage. They are made of styrofoam I think... anyways they hook up this big red thing that sounds like a vaccum cleaner. From the red thing, heat runs out in these lines, so the floors are heated, and then there is also a suction line, so any water that comes out gets sucked into the machine. The machine has basically a hose that they ran to my bathtub/other sinks in the house, and all the water goes down the drain.

There are also like 20 of these fairly loud, high powered fans that are aimed towards the walls where water ran through.

I think my dad won't have time to get someone in to do the hardwood until we are back from Europe (we are there pretty much all of July) so basically mold is just being prevented from being formed as of right now. I don't think he (we) have time to take down the wall that was ruined either, so I'm guessing (hoping) that these fans and stuff can dry out the walls properly.

Right now it is way to hot/noisy in my room.... so I'm sleeping in the basement in my sleeping bag! lol

yellowzo3
06-01-2010, 07:49 PM
HOLY CRAP :eek2: ...Reminds me of the movie ET lmao

Canadian144
06-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah it does look like something from almost any sci-fi movie! The hoses running everywhere are mostly yellow... it does look creepy.

I have a few blackberry pictures I took of it ... too lazy to upload them to photobucket so here is the public facebook album link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=170330&id=501122567&l=d536dd80c1