PDA

View Full Version : 04 lt-80 that wont start

slimdaddy
05-31-2010, 09:31 PM
Ive got an 04 lt 80 and it will not start just put new rings in it in which it really didnt need but it has a blue spark and seem to be getting gas plug gets wet anyway I thought maybe comp was low is why i put rings in it i even tried a little shot of starting fluid still no start it hasnt run over a yr and when it last ran had a hard time getting it started so what else can keep this thing from starting can the reeds do this or the crank seals I bought this thing new for my grandaughter and it prabaly doesnt have 100 hr on it ive had the carb off and cleaned and rebuilt it also has new air cleaner help me out guys she getting tired of it just sitting in the shed gotta get it running for her before she to big to ride it thanks and it wont fire but its got a blue spark and is the seals easy to put in

LT80
06-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Welcome to the forums. :)
I'm 5'10" and 240 and was riding my buddies LT the other day. Sure was fun.
No worries about her growing out of it....:) LOL

Even tho the plug is wet, try hand choking it (2 fingers in front of carb). Tell me how much it feels to suck air in.
LT's usually start on a dime.
I'll presume that you made sure both jets were clean.
Seals are a cpl bucks each and simply pry out and push in but I highly doubt they are bad.
Do a compression test, just to know the number.
Pipe isn't plugged is it?
Let's go from there.

slimdaddy
06-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by LT80
Welcome to the forums. :)
I'm 5'10" and 240 and was riding my buddies LT the other day. Sure was fun.
No worries about her growing out of it....:) LOL

Even tho the plug is wet, try hand choking it (2 fingers in front of carb). Tell me how much it feels to suck air in.
LT's usually start on a dime.
I'll presume that you made sure both jets were clean.
Seals are a cpl bucks each and simply pry out and push in but I highly doubt they are bad.
Do a compression test, just to know the number.
Pipe isn't plugged is it?
Let's go from there. Itried choking with 2 fingers it does have some suction and pipe is clean
yes the jets are clean i blowed them out with air
dont have a compression tester Ill have to get one
the spark looks weak but it is blue
when I pulled the jug off the crank area was clear full of gas Iput a shut in the gas line. when she rode it before it was always hard starting when cold but after it was warmed up it started easy

LT80
06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Ohm the stator (wires are under the hood), Should read 180 or so.
Did ya happem to swamp it out in a mud puddle or the like (crud in stator)?

slimdaddy
06-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Ohm the stator (wires are under the hood), Should read 180 or so.
Did ya happem to swamp it out in a mud puddle or the like (crud in stator)? no its never been in water it only been ridden around the yard but its been setting since last year and the mice got in the air cleaner and made a nest in it. starter is dragging on it now think ive overheated it

slimdaddy
06-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Well I finely got it running tonight took carb apart again blowed it out again when I put it back together I left out the little rubber piece that goes around the jets got it back on and it fired right up and is running good grandaughter is so happy now THANK LT80 FOR YOUR HELP now it starts as soon as you hit the starter button thought I messed the starter up but it was a low battery

LT80
06-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Glad you got it going.
That stupid rubber piece can get crushed and block the jets.
Have fun. :)

slimdaddy
06-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Glad you got it going.
That stupid rubber piece can get crushed and block the jets.
Have fun. :) THANK YOU she is having a blast tearing up my yard lol