PDA

View Full Version : Drr 50????

jemerick05
05-31-2010, 05:44 PM
I have a 2006 DRR 50 that I just bought for my daughter. She is just started riding and this DRR is set up for someone that has been riding for awhile. The problem is that you have to hit almost half throttle before the clutch engages. Is there anyway for it to engage sooner and not at such a high RPM???? She is scared of it and I want to make it so she enjoys riding. Any suggestions???

bigdeal00
05-31-2010, 06:07 PM
If the clutch is not a stage 6 adjustable you will have to change clutch springs (the small ones attached to the shoes) install weaker ones . You can also up your roller weightsa little but you need to find out what you have now on both the clutch and variator to be able to give you a more direct ansewer.

jemerick05
06-01-2010, 07:45 AM
does it say what weight they are on them???

nastynotchback1
06-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by jemerick05
does it say what weight they are on them???

NAW You will need a gram scale and weight each one or weight them all and divide it by 6.

fomospede
06-01-2010, 10:35 AM
these guys are right. But if the cylinder has been reworked (ported) or aftermarket,the exhaust port location will also play into this situation! these engines are small and tricky!

EthansDad
06-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Jem,

sounds like what you are after is to have the quad start moving right on throttle press, not at 1/2 throttle if I am reading you right. Roller weights will not effect that.

On the rear clutch, take the bell off, then the clutch itself. turn it over and you will see three little springs. drop them down with a set of 1000k springs. that will help the quad start moving slower and give it a "creeping" speed.

I will say though, that 1/2 throttle start is how they are setup to run. that delay is called your stall speed, should be around 5000 rpms or so. if you start the quad moving any sooner on that 50cc, you will find it has very little or no power down below 5000rpms with the pipe DRR has on it.

best option - tell her "first part of the throttle is broke, she'll have to use the top part" :rolleyes:

jemerick05
06-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Ok so I got a chance to tear it apart today and find out exactly what I have. The rollers are 3.5 grams and the springs im not sure exactly which ones those are, most likely stock ones. So should I up the roller weights or just go with the 1000 k shoe springs???