PDA

View Full Version : Needing an xc rear link

Foxhound013
05-31-2010, 03:06 PM
I realize this isn't the classified section but I have posted in the classifieds and turned it upside down looking for one. I've checked eBay too, I found one for 150, might as well spend the extra 25 to get a brand new one. I want to get a used gt thunder xc rear link. Anybody have one for a 400ex that they want to sell. Let me know guys. Thanks.

guenther
05-31-2010, 05:44 PM
You'll need to have your rear shock resprung and revalved because of the difference in leverage ratios. It's cheaper to get it all from GT in the "kit". With shipping I think it's $360. I did it and mine a month ago or so and it rides like a totally different quad in the woods now. Well worth the money.

400man
05-31-2010, 07:39 PM
its well worth the money to buy one new.......i'd bet thats why you hardly see any used ones for sale because they work so good that theres no reason to sell one unless your parting out the bike.

and about revalving the rear shock..........your good to go with just the link if you dont weigh no more than 150lbs. with all my gear on I weigh about 145lbs and the rear end feels pretty soft and plush and rides awesome in the woods, I have it set fairly stiff with the spring preload as well, and ocasionally it will bottom out on small jumps or when hitting deep whoops at speed. so I guess if you weigh more than 150lbs, to get the most out of it, it would be best just to send your shock to gt thunder and have em revavle it and send you the linkage.

TRXRacer1
05-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Foxhound013
I realize this isn't the classified section but I have posted in the classifieds and turned it upside down looking for one. I've checked eBay too, I found one for 150, might as well spend the extra 25 to get a brand new one. I want to get a used gt thunder xc rear link. Anybody have one for a 400ex that they want to sell. Let me know guys. Thanks. Out of curiosity what do you weigh and what do you have the sag set at?

SHIFTx450
06-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Just use a stock 06+ 450r linkage :chinese:

dustin_j
06-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by SHIFTx450
Just use a stock 06+ 450r linkage :chinese:

Would you mind measuring an 06+ 450r linkage? Center to center distance for: frame-to-shock mount, shock mount-to-dogbone mount, frame-to-dogbone mount, and length of dogbone?

SHIFTx450
06-02-2010, 07:26 PM
lol. I'll have to get back to ya on that

Foxhound013
06-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't weigh much over 150, if I had all the gear I plan on eventually getting i'd prolly be at 165, right now i'm probably closer to 158 to 160 with gear that i have. So would I still be able to get it without revalving, also I wanted to know if anyone had a set of good steel brake lines all the way around, front and back they'd want to sell. Let me know. Thanks.

TRXRacer1
06-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Foxhound013
I don't weigh much over 150, if I had all the gear I plan on eventually getting i'd prolly be at 165, right now i'm probably closer to 158 to 160 with gear that i have. So would I still be able to get it without revalving, also I wanted to know if anyone had a set of good steel brake lines all the way around, front and back they'd want to sell. Let me know. Thanks. I take it you haven't dialed in the shock yet then. A LOT of people think the link is the way to go before setting the sag. I would finish setting the shock up before you spend money on parts you may not need.