PDA

View Full Version : Vibration

Suzuki Quad
05-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey all, I got the quad running now. New problem is...It seems to have a pretty bad vibration at hi revs. I'm thinkin bent crank. Any thoughts. Do they have a common issue other than that? Thanks...

LTandRaptorider
05-31-2010, 06:26 PM
sounds to me like the timing is off. gotta line up the timing mark on the crankshaft and the 2 gears. ;) I put a Hot rod crank in mine some years ago, for some reason they don't put a timing mark on the crankshaft. :confused:

refused69
06-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
sounds to me like the timing is off. gotta line up the timing mark on the crankshaft and the 2 gears. ;) I put a Hot rod crank in mine some years ago, for some reason they don't put a timing mark on the crankshaft. :confused:

prolly bad piston slap

fearlessfred
06-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki Quad
Hey all, I got the quad running now. New problem is...It seems to have a pretty bad vibration at hi revs. I'm thinkin bent crank. Any thoughts. Do they have a common issue other than that? Thanks...
you could be right ,but not bent,just not trued correctly. the crank halves are pressed onto the main pin and can be done wrong. of coarse ck. all the other ideas out first before assumming that it is the crank