PDA

View Full Version : clutch disk help

400cc
05-30-2010, 10:43 PM
I tried searching for an asnwer but didn't really find what i was looking for

i was messing with my clutch disk today and for some reason the last clutch disk isnt flush with the basket, can't figure out why, everything is installed right. Is there a certain disk that needs to go in first or something?

I read on here that there's supposed to be a thick disk that goes in first and all the rest of the disk are thinner, is that right?

Maybe i put my disk in backwards or something.

jkiserracing
05-31-2010, 10:27 AM
I just put a new clutch in mine and the last one in there (which was a bear to get out btw) looked smaller than the rest. And by smaller i mean the surface of the clutch plate itself is visibly smaller than all the rest. So, the first clutch plate you put back in the engine will be that smaller (surface) one and the rest should look the same (larger surface) and the metal (or steele, whatever they are) plates will go between each and all of those are the same size as far as I know. I hope they are because I didnt see a difference when I put those back in mine. If you are replaceing your clutch plates, as I did, I let my new ones sit in Rotella overnight in a big ziplock bag. That was a tip I got from someone else. Hope thats what you were asking.

DnB_racing
05-31-2010, 10:53 AM
check this link its about getting rid of judder springs and adding another clutch plate to make your clutch real positive(clutch mod)
http://www.rockinhorseweb.com/Clutch_mod.htm

450r07
06-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
check this link its about getting rid of judder springs and adding another clutch plate to make your clutch real positive(clutch mod)
http://www.rockinhorseweb.com/Clutch_mod.htm

This was a great site. i think it would be a very good idea

DnB_racing
06-02-2010, 08:57 PM
and it shows a lot about the clutch, even if you choose not to do the mod, but the mod works great. I did it last year and added heavy duty springs, it feels like a clutch that costs much more, it only cost me about $30 to do with springs and disk,Well worth it in my opinion

400cc
06-02-2010, 08:59 PM
i got it fixed, turned out i didnt have the small disk first