PDA

View Full Version : TRX-Y wins her first race!

Dustin_Drews
05-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Hello Gents, thought I would give an update on Trx-y! Last month was spuaugville we took 3rd and today
we raced fort dodge Iowa today and it was a blast. Boy did trx-y shine!
I recently put on a precision stabilizer and finally got my rear shock dialed in boy did it help today it was like she was on railroad tracks.
I was 3rd out of the hole out of 26 quads by the 2nd lap I was in first and pretty much walked away from the pack I finished 3min and 30 seconds ahead of 2nd place! I am stoked and when I took the podium the announcer told em to give me around of applause cause I was on the only two stroke at the entire race!
Long live the TWO STROKE!
There was every 4 stroke imaginable in my class and some had big bucks put into them! It was great...
You guys were right the 2T can still hold her own!
Please feel free to share your success maybe if enough companies read this they will bring out an updated 250r!
Thanks for all your help guys I am sure i will have more questions...
Heres one how do you keep from running out of fuel?
I ran out crossing the finish line... With a 4.3 gallon tank! Do they make bigger?
God Bless,
Dustin

red88r
05-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Congrats man!! Way to show em the R can still run with todays new quads. I love it. On the gas thing.....smaller carb??

1promodfan
05-31-2010, 07:55 AM
Way to go man. thats cool that you're out there representing on a 250R.

Dustin_Drews
05-31-2010, 08:18 AM
I am running a 38 mm carb and power wise it is perfect for me its got low end and huals on the open streches. I would like it keep it that way!
Is there a way you can heat up the tank and strech it out?
God Bless,
Dustin Drews

rayman375
05-31-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Dustin_Drews
Is there a way you can heat up the tank and strech it out?
God Bless,
Dustin Drews
Read number 39 in this dirt wheels article.
http://www.trx250r.net/trx250rforums/index.php?showtopic=4786

IAHARESCRAMBLE
05-31-2010, 08:32 PM
congrats man! You planning on running Indianola in July? Im thinking about giving it a shot.

Dustin_Drews
06-01-2010, 12:59 PM
I am going to try and hit them all this year! Give it a shot it is a blast.... If you never been to one wether you get first or last I can assure you of one thing you will have a fun...
I do not know what they pay there help but it is worth every dime! Every one is great
God Bless,
Dustin Drews