PDA

View Full Version : my new 426

jtalleman
05-30-2010, 06:42 PM
i finally got to ride my 426 with a je piston and magnum cams and i must say it rips. it has so much more torque and power i love t. only thing is it gets hot really fast so i think im gonna buy a spal fan any recomendations

TRXRacer1
05-31-2010, 01:41 PM
What comp piston did you go with and what octane fuel are you running?

Dathon Lawler
06-02-2010, 09:20 AM
not so sure the fan would be a safe bet. don't idle it long. don't putt around. get the wind moving around the motor by riding. i would consider a larger oil cooler. tons of bikes out there have apps you could play around with. i have thought of doing this but i'm not forced to.but if i had the 426 and could tell it was getting really hot. i would try 2 oil coolers up under the hood and maybe purchase the plastic race hood and cut a few hidden holes under the scoop to get the air flowing.

Thumpin
06-02-2010, 08:38 PM
I would change your fuel to E-85! That would take that hot running engine and make it run close to or cooler than stock!
Just remember you must rejet for it.

When I built my 416 a was suprised how much more heat the engine made with just boring and more compression. So you maybe running normal temp for your build, but its noticably hotter than stock. JMO.

rt20ps
06-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Jetting may help to cool it down also.

Oh, and there's only one cam.