PDA

View Full Version : Front end dialed in

Ride1Rob
05-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Got the front end dialed and shot better video footage of the new arms working perfectly. You'll see that the front hardly ever loses contact with the ground across the whoops as well as going across breaking/acceleration bumps. The rear on the other hand (Which is still stock) is mostly in the air. The front end of the bike seems like a completely different bike from the rear. We'll have our ChassisInc rear swinger and Elka for the setup next week. I'll be able to post a vid of the complete setup working together once we get the rear dialed in with the front.

Vids mostly in slowmo so you can really see how smooth the front end is as the suspension soaks up the bumps.
http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww35/ride1rob/?action=view&current=ChassisIncFab.flv&newest=1

1baddiesel
05-30-2010, 02:01 PM
The front end looks real smooth and planted. Have you been playing with the internals <valving, ect> or just springs and external adjustments?

Ride1Rob
05-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Just compression, rebound, and spring adjustments. This setup has definitely given him more confidence. The rear will give even more. He used to be afraid to ride across those whoops pinned like that after a nasty lil crash on the stock arms. Even when he was pinned then he was all over the place about to be bucked off of the bike (Reason why he had the nasty spill back then).

hwf-racing
05-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Yeah, the front end is soaking up all the whoops!!! Really nice ! I see what your doing Rob. The only way you can slow down Jam is to run him in slow motion:p :p :p Can't wait to see the new setup this weekend. Have a good week, Derek

Ride1Rob
05-31-2010, 09:00 AM
We won't run the setup by next race. Prob won't have everything til Friday and I want to dial it in perfect before he races with it.

1baddiesel
06-06-2010, 08:57 PM
Rob any updates?

Ride1Rob
06-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Not really... We're still waiting on the rear swinger from ChassisInc. If I had it early this week I'd be able to dial the bike in for this weekends coming race. Prob will be later this week or next week before we get it. After this weekends race we'll have a month off of racing at Dade City so I may take that time to dial in the rear and finish building his race motor.

RC FAN
06-15-2010, 09:53 PM
looks good as soon as i get everything dialed in and the boy gets use to it ill be lookin into a arms and a beter swinger and shocks