PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild

81-Honda-04
05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
so i finished getting my bike all back together and rode it at st Joe last weekend and it ran great! but now i finished my airbox lid with and outerwears using the sheet metal and bolt on method. so what jets should i run? i know its running with too much air right not because of the lid so i took out my 165 jet and put in a 180. it runs great on half choke with a little bit hight of rev so what should i do to get it to run good on no choke? just tweek it a bit? i need answers asap because my buddies want to go riding for the weekend! thanks in advance!

bherriman
05-29-2010, 05:23 PM
You had a 165 in before and it ran good like that? All you did was put a lid with an outerwear and jumped up to a 180? Sounds like way to big of a jump in size just for a lid mod. I would go with smaller jet

TRXRacer1
05-29-2010, 08:34 PM
I'd pull that intake boot off the cylinder and lube the o-ring. That's a lot of fuel there, makes me wonder if you have an air leak.

81-Honda-04
05-29-2010, 11:44 PM
it ran good with at 165 and no airbox mods but with a UNI in so now i have the outerwears airbox lid so its like running no lid, just the outerwears. and its running with too much air on no choke but idles and runs good with half choke on so do i need more or less gas? or bigger or smaller jet?