PDA

View Full Version : Amaatv Reg. At The Track???

dericsdad
05-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Plan to attend our first national MX race at Millville, MN in June.

Lots of questions...

We haven't gotton the ama membership for Deric yet, can we do that at the track? Do both parents need to be there? and what do i need besides his birth certificate?

What day do we have to be there to register and race???

Thanks!

Dan

coffing918
05-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I never needed anything, just me the 1 parent ,, no birth certificate, it may be differtent now this was in 2007. most tracks have ama sign up avaliable

most people get there on thursday night, practice is on friday
moto1 is on saturday
moto2 is on sunday..

RCR_531
05-30-2010, 08:07 PM
They told me the birth certificate was needed if somepne thought that your kid was older or younger then you said. AMA just took my word for my boy's age. He hasn't got up to speed yet so no one even looked at us while we were at Sunset Ridge this year.

rebuiltoz
05-30-2010, 09:41 PM
we attended my sons first national at steel city this weekend. signed him up with nothing more than dad and rider. prolly be a good idea to keep birth cert. handy if you think he might get questioned.
like coffing said get there thurs night if possible. we showed up friday morning and ended up with a pretty good hike to get to the track.
good luck hope he has a blast.....my boy sure did

dericsdad
05-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks everyone. Hopefully we can make it there by thursday night then. gotta get back out to the garage to keep working on his bike.

Dan

thequadfather+2
06-03-2010, 09:36 PM
hey there are little things like...Get your transponder first, make sure you get in that line FIRST, then go sign up for the class you want to run, then go sign the paper work and get your practice stickers....All those are seperate lines. Your kid has to sign his/her own paper work so make sure they are with you.

It sucks to get in the wrong line first and wait 30 minutes only to be told to go get your transponder and get back in line:D Then try to sign the paper work and be told he has to sign, go chase the kid down and come back and get back in line again.....not so fun. I have done it and saw numerous folks do it as well.

If you sign up on-line for the AMA membership you will get the card in the mail, looks like a credit card. You can just swipe his card to sign up for the class, pretty simple.

dericsdad
06-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Wow! Thanks for the heads up!!!

Dan

STOCKRACING917
06-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Bruce, missing you guys. When will we see you again ??

thequadfather+2
06-05-2010, 07:54 PM
well we thought we might go to muddy creek, if not def loretta's. I watched the live scoring each race, man yall had some bad luck....