PDA

View Full Version : small drag mods

kenley racing
05-29-2010, 08:12 AM
i want to keep my 2005 yfz in the stock range but i wanna get the most out of it i have an hmf slip on k an n and jets what els could i do?

yamahahaha
05-29-2010, 09:43 AM
air box lid off, zip tie mod, make your slip on a full system, boyesen supercooler, gearing, tires, cdi, hot cam thats about it for stock range

kenley racing
05-29-2010, 06:49 PM
zip tie?

mxpimp2000
05-29-2010, 08:32 PM
leave cams stock unless u port and polish the head.

stock based mods

FCI intake UNI foam filter
Cam mod
thorttle spring mod.
ziptie mod (aka accel pump mod)
big core exhaust (sparks,Dasa,Nmotion) etc.
change gearing
kick start and remove all e start components (less rotational mass)
HC piston kit wiseco/JE/sparks/CP great pistons

ive tryed hmf slipon and hmf full there wasnt any difference between the 2 IMO not worth 250 for a hmf header. i went to a reg core sparks and WOW it will haul some A** now. if you want REAL power send your head to sparks or DASA get it ported then your talking about true HP #'s

kenley racing
05-30-2010, 07:30 PM
whats better sparks or DASA to get stuff off of?

mxpimp2000
05-30-2010, 07:35 PM
i like sparks. ive never tried dasa. im looking into selling my sparks exhaust because of the AMA dbl limit and really hate to because sparks is amazing power. im goin to have to go with a motoworks or DRD thats under 99dbs

kenley racing
06-04-2010, 10:48 AM
how much u want for it and is it an x6?

mxpimp2000
06-04-2010, 10:53 AM
yeh its std core. ill take $350 as its got brand new packing also.

hendershot106
06-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
i like sparks. ive never tried dasa. im looking into selling my sparks exhaust because of the AMA dbl limit and really hate to because sparks is amazing power. im goin to have to go with a motoworks or DRD thats under 99dbs

even if you run nats they do not enforce in amateur classes.... only pro/pro am..... dont sell the sparks...they are rediculously awesome!

mxpimp2000
06-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by hendershot106
even if you run nats they do not enforce in amateur classes.... only pro/pro am..... dont sell the sparks...they are rediculously awesome!

i know man my bike pulls soo freakn hard. i pulled holeshot in open B LCQ at ballances and won it by a long shot. The tech got pissy with me when i went thru and told me it was tooo loud that if i wouldve been sound checked i wouldnt be racing

hendershot106
06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
i know man my bike pulls soo freakn hard. i pulled holeshot in open B LCQ at ballances and won it by a long shot. The tech got pissy with me when i went thru and told me it was tooo loud that if i wouldve been sound checked i wouldnt be racing

Only thing i would sell a sparks for is a HMF Comp series full system..... i had to change my fuel map between a sport series and a Comp series..... much better exhaust.... and has the caps you can make it quiet if you want.