PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Question

Grimzella
05-29-2010, 06:56 AM
I was wondering how others take care of mud getting all over the radiator. My quad's fan seems to be running alot and im running around 205 degrees. How should i clean the radiator fins. mud seems to be stopping airflow. would a hose work to clean. how hot is too hot?

thx.

sd1
05-29-2010, 11:37 AM
car wash sprayers work pretty good, just try not to bend the cooling fins to much...what type of radiator guard do you have now and what type of coolant are you using?

stichy85
06-02-2010, 11:37 AM
garden hose works good enough. best thing to do is clean it when the mud is still wet before it dries so it will clean a lot better. i wouldnt suggest a high pressure washer because it will bend the fins and then it will have the same problem of no air flow

kawasakiracer
06-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I have race x-country since 05 on an o5 kfx400...have overheated one time.
I clean my radiator with a pressure washer but with the pressure low. Spray the radiator from the fan side out. Make sure your motor is cleaned off...front and bottom espeacially...oil lines also.
Run " engine ice" and you will be good to go.

sd1
06-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by kawasakiracer
I have race x-country since 05 on an o5 kfx400...have overheated one time.
I clean my radiator with a pressure washer but with the pressure low. Spray the radiator from the fan side out. Make sure your motor is cleaned off...front and bottom espeacially...oil lines also.
Run " engine ice" and you will be good to go.

What he said ^^^^^ :D