PDA

View Full Version : 12.5:1 CP Piston

X400EX
05-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm thinking to use this piston. Will I need to run race gas or I'll be ok with pump?

Thanks!

florentino
05-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by X400EX
I'm thinking to use this piston. Will I need to run race gas or I'll be ok with pump?

Thanks!

i dont think that you will gain too many horses. i love the stock piston cause i know it will last 3 to 4 times more then any aftermaket piston.. and its soo good some pros are using it with good results. you can gain alot more hps somewhere else. just my 2 cents. and good intake and can gain more then the piston.

X400EX
05-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks florentino, it was because it has a little scratch on it, nothing major but well...and the CP piston is cheaper than stock.

Should I re-use the stock piston with new rings?

florentino
06-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by X400EX
Thanks florentino, it was because it has a little scratch on it, nothing major but well...and the CP piston is cheaper than stock.

Should I re-use the stock piston with new rings?

buy a stock piston and 2 sets of rings and replace the rings every 20 to 40 hours it all depends how you ride.
the can am motor is good as it is. once they put all kinds of mods in the motor things start the break.

X400EX
06-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Well, I made my choice and went with CP. A lot of guys told me it was a good piston to use and I will be still able to use pump gas. It was also a lot cheaper than stock. I'll keep you up with the results next week.