PDA

View Full Version : need help!

Racer4life77
05-28-2010, 09:37 PM
I have an 08 kfx and im having problems that i have never had before. It will start up great when it isnt warm yet but as soon as its warmed up and turned off it wont start, it just cranks over and almost fires but wont. You can push start it and it fires right up but wont start electrictly. Anyone know what might it be?

ish416
05-28-2010, 09:49 PM
I had a similar issue with mine. I checked all the relays, all the fuses and could not figure it out. Then I started experimenting and switched out the battery and all was fine.

hondaracer_34
05-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Sounds like your having a problem with your stock ECU as most of us are having with the KFX also, read this WHOLE forum and you will understand why. This WILL solve your battery draining issues..

http://www.kfx450hq.com/forums/important-information/5669-procom-fully-reprogrammable-high-performance-ecu.html

orang_kawa
05-29-2010, 02:02 PM
check the vavles n make sure there in specs

Racer4life77
05-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by orang_kawa
check the vavles n make sure there in specs Did that and still have the problem

Dirtjunkie85
06-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I had similar problems and i found that it was my tps that needed to be reset.

MtnEX
06-01-2010, 11:12 PM
I am the author of said thread above...

And I am here and there to help you any way I can.

Certainly start by checking your battery voltage.
What is it?

Check your spark plug.
Show me what it looks like.
(yes it's a pain, sorry)

Check your TPS.
What is it?

Check your crank position sensor.
What is it?

Check your connectors (all) and put dielectric grease in them (all).

This generally sounds like a hot start or valve adjustment issue.... but this is not a carbureated machine.... so it gets a bit more complicated.

If you don't know how to check these things, ASK! At least you have someone to ask. I spent like a year learning this stuff hard-knocks style.

hondaracer_34
06-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Haha yeah DUSTER! This guy is a genius ( its kawi_34 from the HQ )