PDA

View Full Version : Any demand for built motor?

firstturn
05-28-2010, 12:59 PM
So we sold our KFX400 about about two years ago, before we did I put the stock motor back in it and pulled out the Yosh built one I had in there.

I have had it sitting in the garage with everything it needs (FCR, ignition, Yosh mod airbox w/ K&N and TRX boot, two throttles [thumb and twist]) to be put in a quad except the pipe which I left on. I obviously don't need it, but I am not sure if there is much demand for this. I really don't want to deal with having to ship it. It is built to the same spec as what Gust had when he was racing these and has low trail hours (maybe 9 - 10) since I built it for my girlfriend before we bought a KFX450R. This engine was truthfully too hardcore for her and her ability.

Anyway just wanted to get some feedback if it is worth trying to sell and for how much.

sd1
05-28-2010, 10:01 PM
In this economy its hard to say......maybe put it on craigs list in your area and see if you get any interest.....otherwise to get top dollar for it I think you really would need to ebay it...I know that motor well and its a solid one for sure...also snap some pics of it and put it in the for sale section in here.....good luck

luke23
05-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Man I wish you woulda posted this about two months ago!! I just bought a yosh motor and had it put in!! If you want to part with the fcr I'm def interested!!

twincat800
05-31-2010, 03:58 PM
What exactly is a "yosh" motor? what gets done to the engine?

luke23
05-31-2010, 06:52 PM
"The kit consists of a 92mm forger aluminum piston, installed 5mm offset crankpin, bored and nikasil plated cylinder, Yoshimura billet cams, Yoshimura performance kit ignition, heavy-duty clutch kit, head gasket, and base gasket." This is it. Lacking a carb and ill have mine running. THe RS-2 exhaust is very nice and fit extremely well.

firstturn
05-31-2010, 10:16 PM
I have an extra FCR40 off of a KX450F (dirtbike) that I was going to use with the motor, but the Yosh guys hooked me up with one that was already jetted for the motor. If you are interested I will see if I can dig it out sometime this week.

Originally posted by luke23
Man I wish you woulda posted this about two months ago!! I just bought a yosh motor and had it put in!! If you want to part with the fcr I'm def interested!!

sd1
05-31-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by luke23
"The kit consists of a 92mm forger aluminum piston, installed 5mm offset crankpin, bored and nikasil plated cylinder, Yoshimura billet cams, Yoshimura performance kit ignition, heavy-duty clutch kit, head gasket, and base gasket." This is it. Lacking a carb and ill have mine running. THe RS-2 exhaust is very nice and fit extremely well.

heck ya!...Gust had a lot of success with his Z before he moved onto the LTR

luke23
06-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Yeh ive got a frc40 cab on the way for it and it will be running. Im really hoping its gonna be worth all the money!!