PDA

View Full Version : 450r shocks

JWS_honda7
05-28-2010, 12:23 PM
If i put 450r shock on my 400 do they haft to be from a honda?
and also will i haft to mod anything or will the just bolt right up?

bkelley
05-28-2010, 01:39 PM
Haft to? Really?

Anyways, you can pretty much use any 450 shocks, just double check the length before you buy. TRX450r are the easiest to fit, just have to remove a fender bolt and they go right on. Another popular choice are the KFX/YFZ shocks but they require some grinding/cutting of the top eyes. This topic has been brought up hundreds of times, just search the site and you'll find more info than you can handle.

Foxhound013
05-28-2010, 04:17 PM
I've read the LTR shocks are too long, The kfx are supposed to be better for woods, YFZ for track, and the honda R shocks are a little stiff from what i've read. All this is stuff i've read and this is how i've understood it so it may not be 100% accurate. I went with KFX shocks. The YFZ and KFX are harder to install, you have to do some grinding Bkelly has a very good write up on how he did his. We tried something different, we made new mounts and cut out the old ones and welded in the new mounts where the old were. Then we gusseted them to strengthen it back up. The KFX are only an 1/8" longer so they won't be nearly as stiff as the Honda which are about an 1" longer.