PDA

View Full Version : frame paint

dwest86r
05-28-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm rebuilding an 86 250r frome the frame up. I was gonna get it powdercoated but decided to put that money into more important parts like a-arms and shocks. The frame will be sandblasted down to the bare metal. I would like to go with the transparent blue color.....so i found this. http://www.jegs.com/i/Duplicolor/318/MC201/10002/-1 Anybody have an opinion?

Ruf Racing
05-28-2010, 07:51 AM
It's probably as good as any spray bomb paint. I painted a 450R frame with Sikkens automotive paint. It's holding up real well.

dwest86r
05-28-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm gonna try it. The paint is supposed to stand up to hi temps and resist oil and gas....we'll see. I saw some yesterday at the local parts store, the color looks pretty good.

1promodfan
05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Just be sure to do your prep work correctly. Your paint job will only be as good as the surface its going on.

dwest86r
05-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Yup i'm gonna do it right 2strokefan haha. I did decide to chem strip instead of sand blast. Gonna blow the old paint off with a pressure washer, wash it good with soap and water and the wipe her down with grease and crap remover. I just dont feel like diggin sand out of every crevise of my body for two days.

Ruf Racing
05-29-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by dwest86r
Yup i'm gonna do it right 2strokefan haha. I did decide to chem strip instead of sand blast. Gonna blow the old paint off with a pressure washer, wash it good with soap and water and the wipe her down with grease and crap remover. I just dont feel like diggin sand out of every crevise of my body for two days.

That's doing right! When you vested the time in to tearing it down. No need to short cut. Good luck!
:D