PDA

View Full Version : arm pump

MrcsBud2
05-27-2010, 05:56 PM
wuts a good way to deal with arm pump? i havent ridden in awhile but no lie within about 10min on the trails my arms were beat

jpfmotors
05-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Thats a big question everyone has there own way, your opening a question that has a million answers everything from bananas, advil, lots of ridden , guitar hand excersizes, give yourself arm pump before you ride with a hand excersice, and the list goes on. I use advil before a race thinking that it thins my blood so its eseyer for the blood flow to my museles and lots of forarm stretching. hope some of this helps.

flyboy62
05-28-2010, 07:40 AM
potassium (sp?) eat sweet potatos, bananas, what ever has high potassium a day or two in advanced and advil helps. and remember how hard you are actually holding on the the bars sounds silly but you forget some times. when you white knuckle the whole time you will get arm pump. relax and ride smooth and you will be good.

Ichoptop
05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
and strengthen the muscles with something like racketballs. that way you dont need all 100% of your strength to keep on course.

slightlybent47
05-28-2010, 03:01 PM
For me I think it’s just when I start out on a new ride. After a while it seems to go away.
I think when I first start out, I tense up on the grips too hard and I get arm pump, but if I try to relax from the start it seems to be better.

kouki
05-28-2010, 03:03 PM
And you can help with new parts on the bike. Steering stabilizer, flexx bars, anti vibe steering stem make a huge difference too.

Baileygunns
05-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Staying hydrated helps too. The more you ride the stronger you get, the less pump.

I get arm pump the worst when I'm practicing stoppies on the bike... To the point I can't open my hands...

bean2080
05-28-2010, 07:33 PM
like others said, advil helps a good bit, drinking alot of water, and also the grip on the bars plays a big part into it. after a race i have bruises on the inside of my knees. this is from from riding the quad and not letting the quad ride you. i have found by just doing that it will help alot.

John Noftsinger
05-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Get yourself two of the biggest vibrators from sex shop and hold them day after day too build up arms strenth to vibration !Ha Ha just joking !joking aside blue rubber balls will work out hand/arm musles had hand tendin cut in accident and used one to build strenth back and when riding remind yourself not to grab bars so tight!

4reeds
06-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Try drinking some No xplode.Sends more oxygen to your muscles. Makes your muscles expand more but not cramp up and you'll keep your strength longer. Really works.

Dirtjunkie85
06-01-2010, 11:17 AM
All the advice listed above is great except my friends trainer said not to take advil cause you dont want you blood to be thinned in a high risk sport like this. train and take care of your self and you shouldnt have a problem

450r07
06-04-2010, 12:13 AM
there is a million different theories about how to best take care of arm pump. the best advice i think anyone could give though is just to ride and train. any kind of fore arm workout that builds arm pump would be good to but nothing could beat sitting on the bike and riding

fomospede
06-04-2010, 03:11 PM
yada yada, ive been racing for 30 yrs, the diet helps strechting is key as well as riding more . but quit holding on so tight, that is the real problem ,use your legs more when you turn ,squeeze the tank with your knees when braking .And last but not least by far hold on loosley and be relaxed,if your that stressed at the begining you will not finish well (.02)

BUBBA Livesay
06-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Try this!! http://www.dynaflexpro.com/store.php?crn=216&rn=451&action=show_detail I have problems with arm pump and i dont really have alot of spare time/money to ride as much as i would like too. I bought one of these at a Sports Authority store around my home for $25 bucks after reading about them here on the internet... Really works your arm and hand muscles, and seems to really help with the arm pump plus its kind of fun. I do it every other day for 30-45 mins. It actually feels like i am on my quad!! :D plus you can do it while on the cpu or watching tv.
And remember drink lots of water, stretch, exercise, try not to strangle your grips, and take nice deep breaths.

All of these together have helped me tremendously. I was willing to try anything to help out with it. It worked for me!!! Try it out... Cant hurt anything. Hope this helps!!

Brent