PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss!!!!!

hjsmith00843
05-27-2010, 05:30 PM
I need to loose some weight. I am currently around 210. I started off at 213 earlier this week.

I want to get into better shape to try to race some hare scrambles. Any tips out there for some quick weight loss.

slightlybent47
05-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Move more …… Eat less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

fearlessfred
05-27-2010, 05:54 PM
atkins or protein diet will prob. take it off the fastest but is hard to stay on, eat 5 small meals a day and of coarse exersise .the more muscle mass u have the more cal. ypur body burns even at rest

rbgnwa45
05-27-2010, 06:27 PM
After graduating from highschool I lost 100lbs in 5 months. I was working 40 hours a week, skinning cow legs and doing cleanup. I was only eating dinner at the time. I went from 270 to 170. You need to sweat it off.

trx310R#24
05-27-2010, 07:58 PM
run.. =p

ben300
05-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by fearlessfred
atkins or protein diet will prob. take it off the fastest but is hard to stay on, eat 5 small meals a day and of coarse exersise .the more muscle mass u have the more cal. ypur body burns even at rest

thats partially correct. your best bet is to combine cardio and strength training. That will maximize the ammount of callories you burn. you are also gonna wanna cut your daily calorie intake. go to bodybuilding.com and search for a calorie intake calculator. one of those calculators will tell you how much calories you need to consume per day by your weight and body mass to either loose weight, gain muscle, etc....

also..i would steer clear of the atkins diet. you will loose weight extremely fast, but the atikins diet is very bad for your heart, your cardiovascular system, blood pressure, and cholesterol because of the ammount of meat and fat you take in.

you should consume 35/35/30 or a 40/40/20 ratio of protein/carbohydrates/fat in your diet, and if your seriously about loosing weight, your gonna wanna consume at least one gram of protein per pound of body weight. this will help curb your appetite, and will also give your muscles the fuel they need during exercise, so that your body will loose fat and and not burn muscle.

and you have to eat 4-6 small meals adn all that fancy hoopla....

go to bodybuilding.com....there are tens of thousands of articles covering everythign on that site, plus they have an excellent forum section

mxpimp2000
05-27-2010, 09:38 PM
HCG diet. theres ppl on youtube will true results. they claim men will lose 1-2 pounds per day and women 1/2 - 1 pound per day. you have to eat no more than 500 calories a day. and follow the food that the book says to eat. there is a doctor that developed this diet and wrote a book on it and exercise is not needed. in fact they say exercise will slow down the weight lose. iam about to try it myself as i would love to lose 60lbs myself. its basically a lazy mans diet. as long as u can deal with not eating much and wat they say to eat then you can lose pounds every day sittin on ur butt haha

Aarons 01 400EX
05-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
HCG diet. theres ppl on youtube will true results. they claim men will lose 1-2 pounds per day and women 1/2 - 1 pound per day. you have to eat no more than 500 calories a day. and follow the food that the book says to eat. there is a doctor that developed this diet and wrote a book on it and exercise is not needed. in fact they say exercise will slow down the weight lose. iam about to try it myself as i would love to lose 60lbs myself. its basically a lazy mans diet. as long as u can deal with not eating much and wat they say to eat then you can lose pounds every day sittin on ur butt haha

Starvation sounds like an excellent idea to lose weight! You will end up losing muscle mass due to not having enough calories to sustaining your current muscle mass. To loss one pound you would of needed to burn 3500 calories. So you eat 500, then you would have to burn a minimum of 4000 to burn one pound. Starving your muscles is not the best way to reduce weight.

There is no magic diet or weight loss drug to help you lose weight. It is all about controlling yourself and watching the amount and quality of food you eat. The bodybuilding website is full of useful information.

mxpimp2000
05-27-2010, 09:52 PM
understandable BUT the HCG puts 3000-4000 calories into ur system per day, BUT not fat calories. the calories u will be getting from the food will be actual fat calories. therefore u will have ur daily calories that ur suppose to have. i cant explain it like others ive just been researching this diet for a few weeks now debating on doing it. Reasearch before you decide to tackle a certain diet plan

Aarons 01 400EX
05-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
understandable BUT the HCG puts 3000-4000 calories into ur system per day, BUT not fat calories. the calories u will be getting from the food will be actual fat calories. therefore u will have ur daily calories that ur suppose to have. i cant explain it like others ive just been researching this diet for a few weeks now debating on doing it. Reasearch before you decide to tackle a certain diet plan

First you said no more than 500 calories and now you are saying 3000-4000.

fearlessfred
05-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Aarons 01 400EX
Starvation sounds like an excellent idea to lose weight! You will end up losing muscle mass due to not having enough calories to sustaining your current muscle mass. To loss one pound you would of needed to burn 3500 calories. So you eat 500, then you would have to burn a minimum of 4000 to burn one pound. Starving your muscles is not the best way to reduce weight.

There is no magic diet or weight loss drug to help you lose weight. It is all about controlling yourself and watching the amount and quality of food you eat. The bodybuilding website is full of useful information.

x2

mxpimp2000
05-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Aarons 01 400EX
First you said no more than 500 calories and now you are saying 3000-4000.

HCG releases 3-4k on top of the 500 your getting from eating. but the hcg is different than actual food you eat calories.

fearlessfred
05-27-2010, 11:22 PM
a few things i dont think that any body can argue
refined sugur is posion

fat is what signals your brain that u are full
starving yourself eventuly slows your metablism
exersize increases your metab.
the more mucsule mass you have the more cal. your body burns even at rest
and if u can eat something as nature made it is better for u

destey
05-28-2010, 09:42 AM
40:30:30 diet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_diet) ratio of protein:carbs:fat

do p90x, or some combo of stretching/strength/cardio

get enough protein. Whey from milk is the best, if you held up a chart of how much your body used of the 10 essential amino acids and 10 non essential, what whey has in it matches up the best of any protein. Measured in science by biological value or bv (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_value)

stay consistent. stretch every day. If you stop for only a few of days you'll be set back weeks or months.

mxquadracer115
05-28-2010, 11:11 AM
I know someone who tried the HCG diet to try to cut up a bit... He lasted two weeks and lost so much muscle that he quit... As someone said there is no magic diet pill. The only way to loose weight is put the work in...

rbgnwa45
05-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Like I said... don't bother with numbers or diets. If I can lose 100lbs in 5 months (.66lbs a day) without changing my diet (I ate less because I didn't have the time to eat), from 270 to 170, than you can put in the work too. I was in a hot slaughter plant skinning cows 8 hours a day, not using much muscle, I was sweating. If you exercised hard for 2 hours a day than you can do the same. I can only bench 100lbs. I ate a tiny lunch (jello), and ate whatever mom cooked for dinner which is usually pork/steak, greenbeans/rice, and potatoes. I wasn't snacking past 10 because I was in bed and I wasn't eating throughout the day because I was working. You hardly need to exercise. You need to keep your heart-rate at the minimum that makes you sweat. People think it's hard, it's not, it has nothing to do with mentality. I didn't even notice until one day people were telling me I looked like a new person and I could see my balls again!

Aarons 01 400EX
05-28-2010, 03:29 PM
I have lost 15 pounds since April 27th, just by adjusting my diet.

CEREBRAL
05-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
I didn't even notice until one day people were telling me I looked like a new person and I could see my balls again!

LMFAO!!!!!!:D

buck440
05-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
After graduating from highschool I lost 100lbs in 5 months. I was working 40 hours a week, skinning cow legs and doing cleanup. I was only eating dinner at the time. I went from 270 to 170. You need to sweat it off.

i lost 50lbs in about two months by eating under 1000 calories which is not a healthy thing to do. they say after doing that and then eating regular again you gain it all back in a few weeks...bs. i eat well over 4000 calories a day now and haven't gained a pound. its kinda weird but true and all without exercise. if you want to loose it the quickest just eat a lot less and from personal experience diet pills which just have a bunch of caffeine in them make you not hungry and burn fat at the same time. my way isn't healthy but it's quick and it WORKS. i like to take the (caffine) pills before a ride to give me that boost and it keeps you more alert.