PDA

View Full Version : HiPer Racing Wheels. Questions and comments welcome.

Hiper-Tech2010
05-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Please post any issues, questions, or comments you have about any of our products and we will try to address the issues and answer the questions in the most timely manner we can. Thanks to all of our supporters and we hope to here from all of you. Thanks, from the entire team at HiPer.

protraxrptr17
05-28-2010, 08:48 AM
I just want to say that I love your wheels and I won't use anything else. Thank you for an outstanding product. I need some for my son's Cobra. It's the only bike I have that does not have your wheels. He's leading the points in the TQRA series in the pee-wee JR class.

Hiper-Tech2010
05-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Give us a call at 785-749-6011 and we would be glad to help you get a set for your son's quad.

Best,
Dylan

motofreak2772
05-30-2010, 06:01 PM
I used to have them. They started to leak and I ended up selling them. I bought dwt instead. Idk dwt just seems to be the best, you guys need to either market more towards racers, or sponsor more racers to get the motocross reputation up. Ive also heard of the shells cracking or breaking. Ive never seen this or had this happen to mine but a strength test or strength charts would really reassure other riders thinking about buying them.
As for the product, I like the colors, good quality and I like how you can buy replacement parts.
Oh maybe you guys should have a package deal like champion in a box, that seems to have increased the sales for dwt.

mxcorona
06-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Hiper-Tech2010
Give us a call at 785-749-6011 and we would be glad to help you get a set for your son's quad.

Best,
Dylan I don't agree with people who say they arnt strong for motocross. I am sponsored by HiPer Racing for 2010 and I have jumped 80 ft triples with lots of confidence. I have it on video. They are better than aluminum in my opinion. Best looking wheel. Look more like plastic but strong. Love the availability of replacement part.

RIDETHEREJK
06-27-2010, 09:24 AM
My HiPers are great. I ride in rocky terrain and would bend stock rims often. Had HiPers for a year and a half now and no bends or breaks. On an uphill section, flat out in 3rd gear, hit a rock with rt frt wheel that just stopped the quad. Of course, I didn't, but I was fine. Hit rock with the outside edge of wheel, ripped sidewall, but wheel was fine. Just a small nick. From past experience, I'm sure the stock wheel would have been toast.

jboz5786
07-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Ill tell you that over here in MO you have a ton of business. Everyone is running them in the OXC series I race. My only problem I have is they are pricey . I wish I had the extra money to at least get a front set I need them. From everyone that I race with they tell me nothing but good things about your product and the customer service is great.

Hondaboy93
07-26-2010, 06:56 PM
I love my hiper rims!
used to have ITP beadlock rims, and they got all messed up from a track called "hardrock" here in Fl
ever since i got my hiper rims havent had one problem yet!
keeep up the great work!

Hiper-Tech2010
07-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Here at HiPer Racing we really appreciate all the great comments and racer support. If any of you out there need any stickers or trailer decals email me your name and address to dmoore@hiper-technology.com. Thanks again for all the support.

Team HiPer

gr race
09-13-2010, 03:17 PM
your email address blocks incoming

Rossi 46
09-16-2010, 05:03 PM
we have had big problems with the Hyper wheels. One of the wheels started to leak in the centre, so we got a new "o" ring but when we try to take out the bolts of the beadlock a few of them will not unscrew. We now have 2 very expensive pieces of scrap!!

quadcrazy02
09-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Rossi 46
we have had big problems with the Hyper wheels. One of the wheels started to leak in the centre, so we got a new "o" ring but when we try to take out the bolts of the beadlock a few of them will not unscrew. We now have 2 very expensive pieces of scrap!!

Its prolly cause thr air in Ireland is different!!! lol
Ive ran hiper wheels ever since they first came out, i have had over 20 sets over the years and have never had any problem with nare one of 'm

FWC Preddy
11-28-2010, 06:57 AM
im looking for the bolt thread pitch for the bead ring on a tech 3 rear. anyone know off hand?

Hiper-Tech2010
11-30-2010, 03:22 PM
FWC Preddy,

that thread pitch for the bead ring bolts is 1/4, 28.

Dylan

zeus54
12-02-2010, 10:27 PM
These guys are as professional as it gets!! Customer service hands down destroys the competition. These guys know how to conduct business,and I'm proud to use and support their products. I would love to see a "kit" offered,but have no issue the way it is. Can't wait to see what else they bring to the table. Much respect and many thanks to the years of continued above and beyond service.:D

yfz450r-SON!
12-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I have a question for hiper. I have a yfz 450r and i just got tech 3's all around and i have searched the web everywhere to try and get the yamaha blue mud plugs for my 450. so does hiper technology make them and do i have to custon order them?
and i know hiper makes a clear mud plug thats all i can find. Just let me know asap!
thanks

TheLane
12-18-2010, 02:18 PM
How much is a rear set for a 2010 polaris outlaw 450 with shipping to phx az?

Hetrick300
12-21-2010, 12:29 AM
My comments about the wheels is that they crack, leak, the threads get messed up ect. But I actualy think there great wheels but after a while the start to have those issues but for MX there just to DANG HEAVY!!!! but for XC and such they make a great wheel but do to the weight issues for MX I run DWT.

graham22
12-21-2010, 08:17 AM
I have a pare, they leek, i went through all the bolts, put new tires on, still leaks.

quadrider2112
01-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Need a non beadlock inner half 8" or 2 beadlock inner halfs. where do i go bout gettin good deal on that.

quadrider2112
01-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Hiper Tech-2010
pm sent about my wheels, not sure which ones i have.

ds19
01-27-2011, 08:03 AM
we had a set they leaked and we contacted hiper and they said their was nothing they could do about them bacause they were old hipers. We had a newer set of cf1 and they seemed to work good but one of the beadlock rings threads got screwed up.

hawaiiysr
02-02-2011, 11:49 PM
no way am i downing Hyper. i have always wanted a set of Hypers. they look trick. and really, who doesn't like carbon? here are my concerns:
with all these comments about leakage, cracking, and, sealing, Hyper has not responed. back your product fellas! tell us what can be done about these problems. more importantly what can you do about it?

Hiper-Tech2010
02-03-2011, 08:22 AM
In response to Hawaii's comment, we would like to say that we do whatever we can for customers when any of these problematic issues occur. Our Tech 3 wheels come with a 1 year unlimited warranty. If you crack or damage the wheel in any way within the first year of purchase we replace the damaged part free of charge. If you purchase a set of our CF1 wheels (which only have a 60 day manufacturer guarantee) if any part is damaged you can replace that wheel half for a very reasonable price, same as the Tech 3 wheel if it's out of warranty. As for the spinning inserts, we are doing everything to make the best product available in limiting this from occurring in the future. The best method to prevent this from happening is to clean your wheels regularly and to use anti-seize or a dab of oil every time you take your bead ring off and on. But, as will happen whenever you have any type of metal and plastic bonded together, with as much torque and twisting that is constantly applied to the wheel inserts it is inevitable that sometimes they will fail. Other leaking issues can sometimes be due to pinched or damaged o rings. (This is the case 99% of the time whenever a wheel is leaking from the center area). Please feel free to pm me or call us directly if you have any questions about our product and I will try and answer them as timely as possible and to the best of my ability.

Best,
Dylan

hawaiiysr
02-03-2011, 11:43 PM
thank you for the reply:) now that is how to respond. answered my questions and then some.

i hope to own a set of your wheels in the near future. polished aluminum is nice but shiny don't make you go fast.

candidate zero
02-11-2011, 07:28 PM
I haven't had great luck with Hipers. One of them started leaking, which was caused by a bad o-ring. Taking them apart, 3 of the bolts were seized in one of the halves even though I used anti-seize and a torque wrench when putting them together. Got them to hold air until one of the rings cracked and managed to move over one of the bolts. On the other hand I have two sets of OMF beadlocks, and a set of DWT and can say I've had zero problems with those.

Anyone want to buy a set of 8" Tech 3s? LOL

bloodswet&gears
02-12-2011, 09:12 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HIPER WHEELS WITH THE HUB INTEGRATED INTO THE WHEEL?
ARE THEY NOT BEING MADE ANYMORE?
WAS THERE A PROBLEM WITH'EM?

Hiper-Tech2010
02-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Candidate,
I truly am sorry that you had issues with our wheels. We're constantly trying to improve our product in hopes of having the most limited amount of problems as possible.

Blood,
The integrated hub was one of the company's very first designs. There is absolutely nothing wrong with those wheels but we decided to change the design out of practicality.

florentino
05-08-2011, 10:31 AM
i used to love hiper rims. i had many sets they will not bend like most. but at $250 each

after a year the front rings fail ok not a big deal

on the rear the bead lock nuts fail on both rims. so they are now junk.

if anything i will buy non beadlock rims.

As for the spinning inserts, we are doing everything to make the best product available in limiting this from occurring in the future.

really thats it?

Hiper-Tech2010
05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Really thats it? What would you be implying, sir? If you have issues with our wheels there is a simple solution. Do not buy them.

AtvKid4Eva
05-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Hiper has great customer support. I had a spinning insert problem on my tech 3's and i called them yesterday and they were more than willing to make it better for me. I shipped the wheels out to them yesterday. Customer support is key when running a business. Thanks guys.

DoonRider
05-17-2011, 09:06 PM
As for the spinning inserts, we are doing everything to make the best product available in limiting this from occurring in the future. The best method to prevent this from happening is to clean your wheels regularly and to use anti-seize or a dab of oil every time you take your bead ring off and on. But, as will happen whenever you have any type of metal and plastic bonded together, with as much torque and twisting that is constantly applied to the wheel inserts it is inevitable that sometimes they will fail. Other leaking issues can sometimes be due to pinched or damaged o rings. (This is the case 99% of the time whenever a wheel is leaking from the center area).

Best,
Dylan

Sounds like design issues. Good customer service can't fix that.

DoonRider
05-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Really thats it? What would you be implying, sir? If you have issues with our wheels there is a simple solution. Do not buy them.

LOL, atta boy.

hrc450er
05-20-2011, 07:45 PM
on the inserts maybe you guys should go to a insert similiar to what honda uses in the gas tank... its square on the outside instead of round should make it a little harder to spin... btw ive had 2 sets of tech 3's for about 4 years now. with probably 100 races on each set only thing i ever replaced was 1 set of outter rings and the aluminum center piece cause my lug nuts werent tight enough and back off egg shaping the wheels.

Hiper-Tech2010
05-25-2011, 10:27 AM
We are in the process of releasing a new limited edition sport quad wheel. I cannot release any specific information on this thread, but if anyone may be interested please pm me and I can fill you in on the details.

08400exRider
05-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Im looking to buy som HIpers if i get some ill defentily update you guys with my opinion :)

Jamey1E
06-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Whats the deal with the CF1A's? I noticed there alittle cheaper than the others.

Hiper-Tech2010
06-02-2011, 08:28 AM
We actually no longer produce the CF1A. We may have some dealers or distributors out there who have them in stock, but we no longer make new ones. They were comprised of a different material that is not as strong or light as our regular CF1 or Tech 3 wheel (which are made of the same stronger and lighter material). We originally made the CF1As for recreational riders but market demand made us decide to discontinue them.

Jamey1E
06-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Cool...thanks for clearing that up for me.

BEN #11
06-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Just want to let everyone know,they really help Ben Walden Racing ! if only other parts on the 20011 kfx450r were this good, we would have been Open A class Champion ,But will take runner up in 2010/2011 winter MSXC series.
Thank's hipertech #3
Ben Walden:rolleyes:

Hiper-Tech2010
06-21-2011, 08:23 AM
We greatly appreciate the compliments Ben. Congratulations on the successful season. Hopefully we can help you end up where you belong next season.

Team HiPer

hartwill
10-18-2011, 07:07 AM
I have a set of your hubless 8x8 rear hipers that came off of a trx 450r, can you tell me are these wheels only going to fit Honda 450 splines or Will they work with other models? Thanks.

Hiper-Tech2010
10-18-2011, 04:10 PM
To be honest, I'm not quite sure Will. check the spline count on whatever model you're looking to put them on and then on the wheels. This will tell you if they will fit or not.

legitLT
10-26-2011, 09:31 PM
im looking for a strong durable wheel that wont bend when i jump. i have heard alot of good things about carbon fiber wheels. i like them cuz there light and durable which would be good for sand but how do the hipers compare to carbon fiber wheels

hartwill
10-27-2011, 05:00 AM
Hipers are carbon fiber wheels. So I would say they are very comparable:blah:

Hiper-Tech2010
10-27-2011, 08:10 AM
If you are doing mostly dune riding then you would have absolutely nothing to worry about running our Carbon Fiber wheels. I have seen guys flip Polaris RZRs, slam into trees going 30+mph, hit rocks the size of your head and jump 90ft triples without it so much as scratching our wheels. By no means am I saying they are indestructable, but you would be very hard pressed to break one of our wheels, especially in the sand. Depending on your budget I would recommend our CF1 wheel. Our Tech 3 is our more expensive wheel that has an aluminum billet center and come with a 1 year unlimited warranty, but our CF1s are made out of the same exact material and are extremely durable. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or call us at 785-749-6011.

Kind regards,
Dylan

mxrcr103
11-15-2011, 09:12 AM
I have just bought a set of rear wheels that have the hubs made into them. Is it possible to put a regular aluminum center in them instead of the hubs?

Hiper-Tech2010
11-15-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm sorry mxr, but those wheels are at least 6 years old and they are no longer compatible with our current centers. Sorry bro.

yfz450r16x
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM
I TT race can you tell me the weight of your wheels no beadlocks (10x5 156 fr and 115 rr 10x10)yamaha

Hiper-Tech2010
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
4.4lbs fronts, 5.2lbs rears

hartwill
01-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Any chance you can post pics of the difference between 4:1 and 3:2 offset tech3s? All the pics I see online appear to be the same offset, that or I'm just blind. I am wondering because everyone tell me my tech threes are 4:1s just by looking. I've never seen a set that looked any different.

Hiper-Tech2010
01-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Will,
For some reason it's telling me the file I'm trying to attach is too big. I've tried changing the picture size but it won't allow me to post with it attached. Do you have an email or phone I could send the pic to? PM it to me if you want.

hartwill
01-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Yes, (440)453-6359
Thanks, Will

TacicalRedneck
04-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Please post any issues, questions, or comments you have about any of our products and we will try to address the issues and answer the questions in the most timely manner we can. Thanks to all of our supporters and we hope to here from all of you. Thanks, from the entire team at HiPer.

Well, I've always wondered about the carbon fiber "mixture" like it says on the offical website.

I must say although i'm a hardcore DWT fan, your customer service seems a LOT better than DWT's. I have to wait SO long to even get ahold of them , and then another long wait for a tracking number. Then i email them asking for something, and i'm given a link to buy something totally irrelavent.

quadman22
09-11-2012, 06:41 AM
My lug nuts backed out on a rear wheel and the aluminum center piece got chewed up. Where can i just buy the aluminum center piece so i dont have to buy a whole new wheel?

Hiper-Tech2010
09-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Give us a call at 785-749-6011 and ask for someone in sales. We'd be happy to help you out. Sorry to hear about the misfortune.

Codynetz634
11-07-2013, 08:40 AM
amazing wheels. they have taken a beating forsure. with no problems. recommend for anyone. great company

MtnEX
11-29-2013, 08:11 PM
My lug nuts backed out on a rear wheel and the aluminum center piece got chewed up. Where can i just buy the aluminum center piece so i dont have to buy a whole new wheel?

Me too... both of us are lucky to be able to tell about it still...

My recommendation to anyone is to install longer lugs in the hubs, order the locking lug nuts from RMATV and put wave washers under them. The Tech 3 billet centers are THICK and the lug nut spots are counter sunk too.

I am not sure what happens... rather it is shavings pushed out into the recess when putting them on the lugs or shavings from the edge of the countersink... or if it is soft material wallowing out. But once they start to wiggle on the hub it will walk the nuts right off the lugs.

I think I would feel better about CF1 wheels if I wasn't willing to change the hub studs, lug nuts and add wave washers.

I would like to take a set of CF1's apart to see how they are made in comparison with tech 3's.

fastex91
02-12-2014, 04:42 PM
I need the dimensions on a 10 inch and a 9 inch mud plug for your wheels to have graphics made. thanks