PDA

View Full Version : FCR carb, now or later??

400man
05-27-2010, 11:46 AM
ive decided that I deffinatly want to run a FCR carb on my 400, most likely gonna go with a 39mm FCR off a yfz450. but my question is, would it actually run worse with a mostly stock motor (just has a pipe, uni filter, +6* key) or would I see a noticable benefit with it. im mainly wanting it for the improved throttle response so it will feel more peppy. ive rode a 400ex a couple years ago with one, and it was very noticeable on the difference between it and a stock ex carb. and I am planning on putting a stage 2 cam and high compression 416 piston in it sometime soon this year (its just hard to tear down a motor that already runs good without problems :o ) I just missed out on a yfz carb for 125$ on ebay the other day, so they are deffinatly out there for fairly cheap.

aDviSol2y
05-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by 400man
ive decided that I deffinatly want to run a FCR carb on my 400, most likely gonna go with a 39mm FCR off a yfz450. but my question is, would it actually run worse with a mostly stock motor (just has a pipe, uni filter, +6* key) or would I see a noticable benefit with it. im mainly wanting it for the improved throttle response so it will feel more peppy. ive rode a 400ex a couple years ago with one, and it was very noticeable on the difference between it and a stock ex carb. and I am planning on putting a stage 2 cam and high compression 416 piston in it sometime soon this year (its just hard to tear down a motor that already runs good without problems :o ) I just missed out on a yfz carb for 125$ on ebay the other day, so they are deffinatly out there for fairly cheap.

I would spend your money on the kit and cam first. Unless you have the money to do all of it.

jcs003
05-27-2010, 12:39 PM
get a lectron carb. much better than a FCR.

400man
05-29-2010, 10:38 AM
well I ended up winning a yfz450 carb today on ebay for 120$ shipped........got lucky and was the only bidder :D only thing it needs is a yfz throttle cable.