PDA

View Full Version : yfz450r front wheel alignment problems

honda450rpower
05-27-2010, 06:39 AM
we just tryed to align the front end of a new yfz450r that we just put lt roll design a-arms and fox evols on and it pulls left we did everything from tie down straps and measured got it 1/8 toe out caster set camber set and the x measurment set but how do we get the bars straight then re set everything cuz the front end is wider than the back end and we have a national qualifier this sat and we need to get this bike runnin and trackin straight when we let go of the bars please help with any advise or info thanks

honda450rpower
05-27-2010, 06:48 AM
we followed the directions from walsh everything worked real well and was easy to do but i guess we aligned the front end with the bars not straight and thats what were having problems with is getting them straight so i guess i need to know the best way to get the handle bars straight before we go back and do it all over again cuz thats where we messed up first i think so any ideas would help like i said its a pain in the *** when the front is wider than the back cuz you really have nothing to go off of its really pissin me off and its not even my bike lol but he is a team member and a good friend so im tryin but just not having any luck so please help us out

d kelley
05-27-2010, 12:48 PM
use tie downs holding bars to back bumper to hold bars in straight positions while you do adjustments

honda450rpower
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by d kelley
use tie downs holding bars to back bumper to hold bars in straight positions while you do adjustments

we did that but we couldn't get them straight enough so we need a better way to get them straight and stay straight so that when we put the die downs on the bars that they wont move while we are doin this.......know what i mean

florentino
05-27-2010, 04:03 PM
tire pressure? and i just eyeball it and it works. where do you test your bike that goes to the side in a dirt road or remember most roads have a slope. in case you did not know

hendershot106
06-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by honda450rpower
we did that but we couldn't get them straight enough so we need a better way to get them straight and stay straight so that when we put the die downs on the bars that they wont move while we are doin this.......know what i mean

Sounds like user error. No offense.

But strap the bars to the grab bar on each side.

Make a center mark in the middle of the grab bar.

Measure from the front outer edge of the grips on both sides.

If its not the same measurements, move the straps until it is.

Do this at ride heighth, on flat cement or in flat trailer, after setting your front tires at 10-12 psi and rears at 6-8 evenly.

then align..... its completely idiot proof.