PDA

View Full Version : yellow label razr mx tires

nynetwo9
05-27-2010, 05:48 AM
thinkin of buyin a set of yellow label razr mx tires. Im a big fan of the orange label mx's and was just wondering if they are worth the extra money. I work at a dealership so i can get em at a decent price, how fast do they really wear out?? since they are so soft... in our parts catalog it says *good for 1 race or weekend. (race tires)*

I have tried a friends hoosier mx tires and loved the soft compound. anyone ever used both of these tires? Id buy the hoosiers but we arent a hoosier dealer.

Thanks

flyboy62
05-28-2010, 07:41 AM
i love mine. they hook up so good. not sure on the wear because i only have a few races on them but they are still good so far

veenser2000
05-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by nynetwo9
thinkin of buyin a set of yellow label razr mx tires. Im a big fan of the orange label mx's and was just wondering if they are worth the extra money. I work at a dealership so i can get em at a decent price, how fast do they really wear out?? since they are so soft... in our parts catalog it says *good for 1 race or weekend. (race tires)*

I have tried a friends hoosier mx tires and loved the soft compound. anyone ever used both of these tires? Id buy the hoosiers but we arent a hoosier dealer.

Thanks

I used a set of yellow label fronts and orange rears last year and in my opinion they are not worth what you have to pay at the retail price. But if the deal you are getting is substantial I say go for it. For the average racer they are not worth the money imo compared to many other tires available at lower cost. One thing i did notice is my yellow lable fronts are a different pattern than regular label razr mxs.