PDA

View Full Version : Sea Foamed My Car.. SMOKE!!

Pipeless416
05-26-2010, 09:05 PM
hey guys, i sea foamed the top end of my car tonight.. i had my dad go ahead and be the lookout so i didn't run anybody off the road. here's the video :devil:

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12068773&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;sh ow_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fu llscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12068773&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;sh ow_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=&amp;fu llscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/12068773">Sea Foam</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1813719">Mike Kranz</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

ps- the car runs and idles awesome now. instant change.

05-26-2010, 09:21 PM
holy shat! I guess Hondas run too clean cause I tried sefoaming 3 of my motors and no smoke at all. Smoke is supposed to be the carbon buildup. Well on my latest motor I looked at the pistons and they are clean.

honda400ex2003
05-26-2010, 09:26 PM
i have never used it in the oil like that. lol. that is pretty cool! I just run it in the gas to help prevent the carbon build up in the first place lol. steve

Pipeless416
05-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
i have never used it in the oil like that. lol. that is pretty cool! I just run it in the gas to help prevent the carbon build up in the first place lol. steve

that was actually sucked into the engine using the brake booster line. it'll get the oil treatment when i have about 50 miles left till my next oil change.

honda400ex2003
05-26-2010, 10:13 PM
nice! thanks for the info on how you did it. steve

CJM
05-26-2010, 10:40 PM
You can add seafoam to the oil, the gas or using a vacuum line like the brake booster or pcv valve.

I did it and it smoked so bad the neighbor thought my truck was on fire.

The stuff does work tho, got my friends beatup 86 carb bronco to run (poorly tho) when it barely wanted to stay running before.

slightlybent47
05-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Using automatic transmission fluid will do the same thing.

chucked
05-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Using automatic transmission fluid will do the same thing.

or soapy water. Seafoam is good stuff

Ichoptop
05-27-2010, 08:23 PM
from a guy that has built to many pro street cars and hotrods...

whats the point of this stuff?

I dont get it...it just makes smoke?

Pipeless416
05-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
from a guy that has built to many pro street cars and hotrods...

whats the point of this stuff?

I dont get it...it just makes smoke?

cleans out all the carbon build up in the top end of an engine. it can also be used as an injector cleaner and add it to the oil to clean out the lubrication system.

jcv400ex
05-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
cleans out all the carbon build up in the top end of an engine. it can also be used as an injector cleaner and add it to the oil to clean out the lubrication system.

Because we run our every day cars on crappy pump gas too....no alcohol or airplane fuel!

05-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Because we run our every day cars on crappy pump gas too....no alcohol or airplane fuel!

speak for youself lol I wont let anything lower than Shell 93 Octane touch my engine. Plus every car I have owned and seafoamed nothing came out the exhaust because the motors are just that clean. Be carefull though some motors need carbon buildup or they wont run, as things get older and tolerances get widened the carbon buildup acts as a sealer. Ive seen people clean their combustion chamber and then just start pouring oil into the cylinders because it took away what was sealing it up. BTW water injection works amazing it steam cleans. Yes I said water.

400exrider707
05-28-2010, 10:17 AM
So can someone explain how having this sucked into the crankcase where your oil is, causes smoke like that to come out of the combustion chamber? Am I missing something?

05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
So can someone explain how having this sucked into the crankcase where your oil is, causes smoke like that to come out of the combustion chamber? Am I missing something?

yes you are missing something because its put into the vaccum lines which go into the head then combustion chamber and create smoke.

Pipeless416
05-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

the application i used it for is not the same as mixing it in the oil. those are two separate uses. this cleans the intake, valves, and cylinders/piston heads. if its getting into the bottom end while doing this then theres an issue :p

Sjorge450R
05-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
speak for youself lol I wont let anything lower than Shell 93 Octane touch my engine. Plus every car I have owned and seafoamed nothing came out the exhaust because the motors are just that clean. Be carefull though some motors need carbon buildup or they wont run, as things get older and tolerances get widened the carbon buildup acts as a sealer. Ive seen people clean their combustion chamber and then just start pouring oil into the cylinders because it took away what was sealing it up. BTW water injection works amazing it steam cleans. Yes I said water.

shell 93 smells like Sunoco 89 here. I use 93 Sunoco only

05-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge450R
shell 93 smells like Sunoco 89 here. I use 93 Sunoco only

You cant smell gas and tell its octane rating lol Shell was rated the best pump gas.

ben300
05-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
You cant smell gas and tell its octane rating lol Shell was rated the best pump gas.

you know that pump gas is primarily all the smae through the octanes, as in shell 87 is the same pretty much as sunoco 87.....the government regulates what they put in the gas adn how it is made...all that hoopla you hear on tv about wear ristrictors and carbon blockers and all that bs is just marketing gimmicks..the federal government here in the US requires all fuel producers to put the same dertergents adn chemicals in the gas so that it is "supposidly" the best for your engine....

shell does seem to be good gasoline, but i find that all my vehicles run better on BP that pretty much any other brand..

now i dotn have 10000 hp nissan civic thats tripple turbo'd and its canuter valve is advanced to put 110 octane in, but i have had two differetn ford exploeres and an s10, and i cant tell any difference in fuel economy/performance between brands adn octane....and i drive alot to get to work

JR3
05-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ben300

now i dotn have 10000 hp nissan civic thats tripple turbo'd and its canuter valve is advanced to put 110 octane in, but i have had two differetn ford exploeres and an s10, and i cant tell any difference in fuel economy/performance between brands adn octane....and i drive alot to get to work

oh well around here if u aint poppin v tec u dont know **** nigga!:rolleyes:

ridered11
05-28-2010, 07:18 PM
^Haha, I love how everybody hates this kid.

slightlybent47
05-28-2010, 07:45 PM
I’ve talked to truck drivers and have been told that most of the fuel you buy all comes out of the same tank. Meaning it doesn’t mater what brand you buy in most cases it’s all the same thing.

CJM
05-28-2010, 08:16 PM
The smoke is all the carbon being wiped off and burning out the exhaust.

All I know is every car I have ever done it to has run 10x better than before it was done.

chucked
05-28-2010, 08:18 PM
I can tell the difference between premium and regular by smelling.

jcv400ex
05-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I can tell the difference between premium and regular by smelling.

we're talking gas....not dog turds...

05-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
^Haha, I love how everybody hates this kid.

me too its amazing. so many people getting butt hurt. yall are hilarious! no seriously we literally lawl at you guys. Yes we as in many many people. Its epic. Thanks again for the entertainment

Tommy Warren
05-28-2010, 10:33 PM
I like how in your sig you talk all black and gangsta and then you have a quote from Kung Fu Panda......

05-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I like how in your sig you talk all black and gangsta and then you have a quote from Kung Fu Panda......

how is that talking all "black"and which quote?

Tommy Warren
05-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Fools holla at me like aye you wanna race dude?===black

"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present"====kung fu panda

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ai3f-_3rC1I&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ai3f-_3rC1I&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

05-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
Fools holla at me like aye you wanna race dude?===black

"yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present"====kung fu panda

Not black, how about its from a song written by an Asian guy.

Unless Kung Fu Panda was written before 1902 then STFU. Its a quote from a book written in 1902 but I guess that quote is said to go back rom like the 1200's. So yeah get your facts straight. And you watched Kung Fu Panda? Hahaha

416exfreak
05-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416

If the engine runs properly, then there should be minimal carbon buildup. Use a good quality gasoline and quality oil and you should be fine.

Oh, and dont forget to gag it every now and then when you leave a redlight or a stop sign:blah:

416exfreak
05-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Lawlz at how everyones getting thier vaginas bruised by FLEWBYU..

Dont feel the troll and he'll go away.. jeez guys.. im super cereal!!:blah:

Anyhow, it seems to me that my '79 seems to like Shell 93 or Chevron 93.. Anything else and she starts acting up.

My diesel on the other hand.. well.. it likes no. 2 a whole lot more than this low-sulfur **** they have now.:devil:

CJM
05-29-2010, 10:41 AM
THe low sulfur is junk, it made my buddies flatbed go from 14mpg to like 8mpg unloaded..

CRE Performance
05-30-2010, 09:38 PM
This ethanol fuel is ****. It burns cooler and is subseptible to water creating more carbon on the pistons, no matter how you drive. As a matter of fact, a cooler running engine will also create more sluge in the crankcase over time. However, I would be very careful of doing this seafoam in moderation to a car that has heavy buildup, you may cause more problems than you are fixing.