PDA

View Full Version : help with e-ton 50

Ntensweapon
05-26-2010, 08:58 PM
I posted this in the mini quad forum with no luck.

I bought a non running impuls 50. The guy said it ran when they parked it. Wouldn't start this spring and gave up. It has spark, I took the carb apart and cleaned the jets,drained the tank, cleaned the petcock,cleaned the pickup sensor. Good compression. Getting fuel to the bowl. I tried fuel in the cyclinder and it didn't fire. All wires seem to be connected with the exception of the oil tank. I cannot find where this would plug in. It is still on oil injection.
The parking brake switch is wired through.
IDK....It seems so simple. I have fuel, compression and spark. Not sure why this thing won't start. Given i have spark I would rule out all the safety features being bad..but idk...
Any suggestions?????? I think this is the same engine that comes in the predators and extremes...maybe a couple more models.

any help appreciated

aDviSol2y
05-27-2010, 08:04 AM
I don't know anything about these bikes, but did you say the oil line is not connected? I'm assuming this is a 2 stroke that mixes itself. If the oil line is not connected and you do not have it blocked off to pre-mix your own gas, you would not want to start it anyway. Maybe it has a fail safe when it reads no oil. IDK.

Ntensweapon
05-27-2010, 11:00 AM
The oil lines are connected(from tank to pump,pump to carb). What I was referring to is the low oil sensor wires on top of the tank. I can't find where this is suppose to plug into. I did cross those wires with no luck. I would think I wouldn't have any spark if a safety device wasn't installed/working right. Maybe I don't have enough spark to start???

chucked
05-29-2010, 05:35 AM
What is the compression? If you have compression, fuel and spark and its not running. Either ignition timing could be off (sheared flywheel key) or the gas is bad. It could be a weak spark too

Ntensweapon
06-14-2010, 10:15 PM
update:
I determined that I had weak spark. I purchased a new cdi and a new stator and still no luck. While working on it tonight it seemed like the spark would come in and out. Still seemed weak when it was there.
I've read alot online. Some people say coil (i'm going to bring my meter home to check that) Some say rectifier...others say they "never"go bad. I'm not getting power at the coil with a voltage tester. Some say a weak battery would take away spark while trying to feed the starter. This battery is new, however its a walmart cheapy previous owner put in.

Any thoughts?

01 400EXer
06-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Try cleaning and sanding all grounding points for the electrics, ground wires, where the spark plug coil mounts, etc. This will cause a weak spark.