PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on with Korea ????

JIM GRACE
05-26-2010, 06:22 PM
looks like its gonna get serious pretty quick. The north sank two
of the souths war ships already. they have nukes and have
mentioned south korea and the u.s from the articles i read

Canadian144
05-26-2010, 07:20 PM
+1 this looks like it could get ugly...

It all started when north Korea sank one of south's ships and then denied it... and it has just been escalating since then.

The US is threatening to put North Korea on the "terrorist" countries list which would have several implications to North Korea... however North Korea said that they will go to war with the South (I think).

Aarons 01 400EX
05-26-2010, 07:27 PM
North Korea would be in a world of hurt if they decide to go to war with South Korea. It would be looked down upon by the entire Global Community which trade with NK. Their shipping lanes would be closed, China would cease doing business with them immediate.

Quad18star
05-26-2010, 10:29 PM
The shat is gunna hit the fan real soon.

aDviSol2y
05-27-2010, 08:08 AM
The problem is North Korea has nukes. That could be bad.

derekhonda
05-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
The problem is North Korea has nukes. That could be bad.

Yeah especially since obama just signed his nuclear act about 2 months ago. NK could send a nuke our way, we WOULD NOT send one back. Thanks obama.

trx310R#24
05-27-2010, 09:49 AM
they all smoke crack... im sure that has alot to be with it... they are kinda how America was before 1776...

aDviSol2y
05-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Yeah especially since obama just signed his nuclear act about 2 months ago. NK could send a nuke our way, we WOULD NOT send one back. Thanks obama.

So you think that because Obama signed a treaty with Russia to reduce the amount of nuclear weapons in our stock pile, we would not retaliate if N. Korea hit us with a nuke? Do you relize that even with reducing our nukes, we could still destroy the Earth many times over? The American people would not stand for something like that happening on our own soil. No matter who is in office. I'm pretty sure N. Korea would be a whole in the ground if they nuke'd us. And we would have backing from most of the planet for doing it. Plus, you think that our government does not have anti-missile weapons in the pacific ocean at all times anticipating an attack. Especially how N. Korea has been acting over the last several years. I can garuantee you our technology is far superior to N. Koreas.

And here comes another Obama bashing from someone who has no idea what they are talking about.......

Pappy
05-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Sadly, i doubt any action would be taken if NK attempted something.....China is the Ace of Spades when it comes to Korea.

Right now the United States attention is focused on the oil spill, our economic woes and the two wars we are already engaged in.....perfect time for NK to do what it usually does when it wants attention.

derekhonda
05-27-2010, 11:16 AM

And here comes another Obama bashing from someone who has no idea what they are talking about.......

Wahhhh

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=34412

aDviSol2y
05-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Wahhhh

Read this then discuss, idiot.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=34412

All nuclear-armed states, under the Obama doctrine, promise not to use nukes against non-nuclear armed states that are in compliance with their non-proliferation treaty guidelines. <--Straight from the article.

Pretty sure N. korea is NOT a non-nuclear armed state, and they are NOT in compliance with the treaty guidelines. And another thing, the article never even mentioned N. Korea.

and I'm an idiot? :confused:

aDviSol2y
05-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Sadly, i doubt any action would be taken if NK attempted something.....China is the Ace of Spades when it comes to Korea.

Right now the United States attention is focused on the oil spill, our economic woes and the two wars we are already engaged in.....perfect time for NK to do what it usually does when it wants attention.

I think we have more important things to deal with when its comes to N. Korea acting up against S. Korea. But I highly doubt no action would be taken if they tried to nuke the U.S.

derekhonda
05-27-2010, 11:46 AM
All nuclear-armed states, under the Obama doctrine, promise not to use nukes against non-nuclear armed states that are in compliance with their non-proliferation treaty guidelines. <--Straight from the article.

Pretty sure N. korea is NOT a non-nuclear armed state, and they are NOT in compliance with the treaty guidelines. And another thing, the article never even mentioned N. Korea.

and I'm an idiot? :confused:

Actually I think you are correct. How I was understanding it...was that they actually signed an agreement that they wouldn't use nukes on countries that had no subscribed to the obama doctrine.

Meaning countries like iran and nk could send em over our way (since they are neither in the npt or signed on to obamas latest bill), and we would not return fire.

Pappy
05-27-2010, 11:50 AM
I think we have more important things to deal with when its comes to N. Korea acting up against S. Korea. But I highly doubt no action would be taken if they tried to nuke the U.S.

Mark my words.....China would be the main player in any form of retaliation. The US wont provoke or respond other then in a defensive posture due to an agressive action from NK. NK lacks the range to hit the US so if they were behind some form of attack it wouldnt be an ICBM weapon.

NK is Chinas sabor, they rattle the world with them and China dictates what NK does and how far they will go.

aDviSol2y
05-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Mark my words.....China would be the main player in any form of retaliation. The US wont provoke or respond other then in a defensive posture due to an agressive action from NK. NK lacks the range to hit the US so if they were behind some form of attack it wouldnt be an ICBM weapon.

NK is Chinas sabor, they rattle the world with them and China dictates what NK does and how far they will go.

Basically China holds the cards because they control the $$.

Pappy
05-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Basically China holds the cards because they control the $$.

No, it has more to do with their Communist beliefs then it does money haha! But I would say that money is becoming more of an issue in China then ever before.

I may be dead and gone when someone important's light bulb goes off, but I fully believe that in the scope of history, China will be looked back upon as actually winning the cold war......

redrocker
05-27-2010, 12:43 PM
That Kim guy running N.K. needs to
get a hobby or a chick !

aDviSol2y
05-27-2010, 12:50 PM
No, it has more to do with their Communist beliefs then it does money haha! But I would say that money is becoming more of an issue in China then ever before.

I may be dead and gone when someone important's light bulb goes off, but I fully believe that in the scope of history, China will be looked back upon as actually winning the cold war......

Vietnam ring a bell?

Pappy
05-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Well China, Russia and other communist nations supported North Vietnam.....

They can claim what they want, but my take on that war was the US wanted to drain the communist nations financially. We learned during the Korean war that the communist would commit untold manpower to the fight, mainly because it was a neigboring state to China. Reason #1 IMO why we wont risk a ground war there again....

With Vietnam, getting the manpower in country wasnt so easy. We started the end of the Soviet Union with that war along with our support of Afghanistan in the 80's. It was the same principle but the roles reversed and we had the economy to better handle it then the Soviets did.

China wasnt as large of a player in Vietnam as the Soviets and took the next 25 years working on what now is their bursting economy. They bought assets here that were unheard of....

I even have a thought about the US government not wanting to grow our economy at a faster pace so that we can better control what China has been able to do in recent years.....

The Art of War.....

Destroy a Capitalist by owning his wallet

aDviSol2y
05-27-2010, 01:24 PM
I wonder how long China can sustain their booming economy? What rises must fall right?

From what I get out of it, what China has done, is what we did in the industrial revolution. Relized we can make a lot of money from all of our natural resources. ie coal, copper and carbon. IDK, Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Pappy
05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
China is using its natural resources to fuel its production....they arent selling it, they are selling products to the world. Combine their cheap labor force and there it is....

You dont see labor unions or lawyers or even government in the way, albiet they control everything and there is no second geussing them....for the ruling class in China life is good. At some point, maybe reform inside china will change things but thats a tall task for such a powerfully controlled communist governement who has kept its people oppressed and when they rise up they slaughter them....big differencebetween them and the USA when compared to the Industrial Revolution period.

toby400ex
05-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by redrocker
That Kim guy running N.K. needs to
get a hobby or a chick ! No, he needs a bullet straight through his forehead. **** that dude!

buck440
05-29-2010, 06:34 AM
i wonder what it would be like going to war with modern enemies? more or less. right now over seas they just lay ied's all over and have suicide bombers and fight like pussies from a distance but korea, i would bet that would be a little better match. i could honestly say i would be afraid of that war.

416exfreak
05-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
No, he needs a bullet straight through his forehead. **** that dude!

X2 on that.. A .50 cal would do him nicely from about 1200yds..

416exfreak
05-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by buck440
i wonder what it would be like going to war with modern enemies? more or less. right now over seas they just lay ied's all over and have suicide bombers and fight like pussies from a distance but korea, i would bet that would be a little better match. i could honestly say i would be afraid of that war.

Well, personally I haven't been overseas.. but have you?

The insurgents are NOT just fighting like cowards by placing bombs and killing themselves. The Taliban, Al-Queda, and other terrorist networks have camps set up to TRAIN soldiers. Why would they spend the time and money to train militant islamic radicalists into soldiers, if all they were going to do is blow themselves up?

Dont you watch the news dude?:huh

destey
05-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Just send Bill over there again. I remember Kim saying in an article he had a great deal of respect for Clinton.

Kim is getting old, near death. You're seeing a man who wants to accomplish what he wants to accomplish before he dies. Look out world.

backwoodsracer
05-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Thus one of the millions reasons hes the biggest jackass that has steped foot in the white house..........

buck440
05-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Well, personally I haven't been overseas.. but have you?

The insurgents are NOT just fighting like cowards by placing bombs and killing themselves. The Taliban, Al-Queda, and other terrorist networks have camps set up to TRAIN soldiers. Why would they spend the time and money to train militant islamic radicalists into soldiers, if all they were going to do is blow themselves up?

Dont you watch the news dude?:huh

pretty mutch what i'm saying is that unlike dunecoons korea is by far more advanced than them in tactics, gear, weapons, ect. the u.s. armed forces has never fought a (new age) battle with modern enemies such as korea.

oh and the media can lick my *****

Tommy Warren
05-29-2010, 12:37 PM
where is team america when you need them :eek:

ben300
05-29-2010, 01:44 PM
pretty mutch what i'm saying is that unlike dunecoons korea is by far more advanced than them in tactics, gear, weapons, ect. the u.s. armed forces has never fought a (new age) battle with modern enemies such as korea.

oh and the media can lick my *****

N. Korea's army is actually very small and poor. they spend a ton, and i mean a ton of money on trying to produce nuclear weapons, which could only affect us if they put one on a boat and crashed it into a harbor....they dotn have teh technology or capabilities to reach the US...but back to what i was saying. they have very good training but are small and poor. south korea could actually handle the north, minus nukes......but china is a big backer of the north, adn thats why we come into play. i am way more scared of what china could possibly do than waht north korea could do..it wouldnt be hard for china to tell all the able body men that live in its 1.3 billion person country to suit up to fight us....we would be severly out numbered

buck440
05-29-2010, 03:17 PM
i bet they woul pick up the comakazie tactic from there slant eyed neighbors.

yam450_53
05-29-2010, 04:35 PM

What's that? I think you meant kamikaze :p

ZeroLogic
05-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Can't see that. But I'll put my money on suicide car bombers and human bombers. America won't go to war with NK anytime soon. Can't fight a war on two fronts.;)

Pappy
05-29-2010, 05:06 PM
NK is now apologising and China states it will NOT be involved if they continue their actions......

$$$ always trumps Idealism....

buck440
05-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by yam450_53
What's that? I think you meant kamikaze :p

you know i took freshman gramer in my senior year lol, my mom said i'm special:macho