PDA

View Full Version : Change...

Pappy
05-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Cody hates change haha! New rims, new tires and his shocks serviced...now I have to listen to him complain about how it feels till he gets used to it LMAO!

He is so used to running on half worn tires he flipped it in a corner 1st lap LOL!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovXJJ9XHcrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ovXJJ9XHcrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

slightlybent47
05-26-2010, 05:47 PM
It’s amazing what a fresh set of rubber will do. Tires, breaks and clutches wear gradually and you don’t realize that there loosing grip till you put new ones on.

Canadian144
05-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah I was up at my cottage for the first time this year, and I took the LTR for a ride for the first time up there with the new Maxxis Razrs (that only have been ridden for maybe 30 mins before this). Man they hooked up like crazy up there compared to the stock dunlop MX tires that came on the LTR.... I almost flipped a few times when I was on that initial ride...

juice420
05-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Dang Pappy..I was expecting a nice clean,crisp HD video.

Pappy
05-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by juice420
Dang Pappy..I was expecting a nice clean,crisp HD video.

My $4000 video camera is broken:p When I get some extra cash i will get it fixed:(

toby400ex
05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah, new tires and fresh shocks always suck......Or not, come on now. That just makes the boy sound spoiled. I know he puts in is his elbow grease to earn his things, I could have painted the house twice and still have to beg my rents for a shock re-valve, and still explain for 2 hours why I needed it...:scary:

Pappy
05-27-2010, 04:57 PM
No where did I say he complained about getting new parts....it states he has to get used to the new tire bite and re-dial in the shocks....maybe read a bit slower:blah:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/90bHm852Fd8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/90bHm852Fd8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

fastredrider44
05-27-2010, 05:08 PM
I love fresh tires. It gives me confidence that tires that have lost their edge just don't do for me. And as far as the shocks go, I always keep up with my clickers and turns so that I can always set them right back when I get them. I like my shocks where I have them and don't want to try to find that sweet spot again.

Those trails look fun but awfully wide open!

Pappy
05-27-2010, 05:18 PM
fastredrider44...whens the last time you raced a national? Most of the courses now can squeeze a 50 inch quad through it:p

cletusEX
05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
I agree the nationals are wide open, looks like a great little practice track. Let me know when you really wanna piss off the neighbors and I'll bring the 500 up for a few laps. Vids look good, great to see Ryan out there tearing it up! I'm with Cody on getting used to new tires, I love new fronts, but give me a half worn set of I razrs in the rear.

Pappy
05-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Youre welcome anytime Nick...the back half of the track is still narly and tight;)

honda400ex2003
05-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
[B]Cody hates change haha! New rims, new tires and his shocks serviced...now I have to listen to him complain about how it feels till he gets used to it LMAO!

I wish i had that issue. lol I hate change too but not that kind. steve

mxpimp2000
05-27-2010, 10:00 PM
what helmet cam is cody wearing. im looking to buy a go pro hero wide (NON) HD just wondering what the quality is like over the HD model

Pappy
05-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Its the Hero wide non HD

mxpimp2000
05-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Its the Hero wide non HD

im impressed with how nice the HD is but not with the price difference lol what would you do papps?

toby400ex
05-27-2010, 10:40 PM
No where did I say he complained about getting new parts....it states he has to get used to the new tire bite and re-dial in the shocks....maybe read a bit slower:blah:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/90bHm852Fd8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/90bHm852Fd8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
I read what you typed. Not trying to start anything. New stuff is great, getting used to it is one of the best parts.

Pappy
05-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
New stuff is great, getting used to it is one of the best parts.

Thats your opinion....and they vary. I wouldnt expect you to apologise but maybe for next time you will take a few seconds to better understand the content you read. As you can see, the majority here understood fully what I stated without taking a stab at the kid.....

Flynbryan19
05-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Most of the courses now can squeeze a 50 inch quad through it:p

Agreed. When I started racing the nationals last year I kept waiting for the tracks to get "tight" and it never happened. Even the Yadkinville Stomp that everyone complains is so tight was wide open compared to our locals down here. They're all a blast though. Just different.

Pappy
05-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Here we always had it tight, and our local series was tight. We get to the nationals and Cody was not used to running wide open most of the race.

So we let the trail go wide so he could open it up.....

First two locals he won, did ok at the national but wrecked but he now knows how to go fast in the trees or on a fireroad LOL

And for the record...the kid was running on the same set of ITP tires he bought at the Unadilla GNCC 2 years ago:p He earned enough money to buy a new set and the bite was quite different then what he has been used to. I only buy the parts he has to have due to breakage or a race coming up, everything else including his race fee's come out of his wallet or from his sponsors.

fastredrider44
05-28-2010, 08:55 AM
fastredrider44...whens the last time you raced a national? Most of the courses now can squeeze a 50 inch quad through it:p

Georgia. I was at Lorettas but the bike stayed in the back of the truck. Nationals are wide, and any knucklehead can hold er pinned. I always catch them in the tight though, so I try to practice that.:)

Pappy
05-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Georgia. I was at Lorettas but the bike stayed in the back of the truck. Nationals are wide, and any knucklehead can hold er pinned. I always catch them in the tight though, so I try to practice that.:)

Now try running down built and piped quads on a bone stocker when your not used to holding it WFO:p There is a learning curve with anything....but I think he is well on his way. He can rip in tight stuff, so much so its scary to watch. If everything goes well, there wont be a stock quad under him for 2011

Pappy
05-28-2010, 09:06 AM
Here is some helmet cam of the last local race here. I dont know who teh rider is, but Cody is in one of his videos as he comes up behind him and passes him haha. But it gives you an idea of what a GNCC looks like anymore. Lots of fields....

At 9:39 or so you can see Cody had caught the field. he worked past his entire class and took the lead on lap 2 and went on to win by over 5 minutes. he wants to run his LTR next round there so he can after the overall

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0w6cBtuU3N0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0w6cBtuU3N0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

fastredrider44
05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Yeah, At Georgia, in the fields after pro pits, there was one section I could hit top speed on my 450, with a 14 tooth front sprocket. Why they design tracks to run us 70+ in a field is beyond me. :eek2:

Pappy
05-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Its all good I reckon....I personally dont like destructive tracks because of the carnage afterwards haha. Im sure they do their best, it isnt as easy as it looks I figure.

A good mix works, and at the nats they have to figure on alot of entries (although Somerset has dropped by roughly 30% each year...I wonder why!)

As you can see by the helmet cam, Cody said he was 4th and 5th gear all day. He loved the track but thinks he could do better on his LTR there. I have repeatedly asked him if he needs more power but he says he can make do for now. Thats a big drawback of the new EFI quads (except the LTR) Putting a needed pipe on costs a small fortune. He has been running Derisi rebuilt stock shocks and truthfully, they are working as well as any standard travel shock weve ever run and with a stock front end I can easily and fairly cheaply replace parts if and when needed.

We did not and dont plan on running a ton of GNCC's simply because Cody gets paid to work those weekends but he will hit a few more. His goal is the district championship. He does want to give a TT race a try again and maybe even a few MX races just for fun.

fastredrider44
05-28-2010, 10:04 AM
There's no one perfect track, someone somewhere will always have something to say I guess. Tell him to keep the riding up. Racing is the best way to stay broke, and out of trouble I know of.:blah:

toby400ex
05-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Thats your opinion....and they vary. I wouldnt expect you to apologise but maybe for next time you will take a few seconds to better understand the content you read. As you can see, the majority here understood fully what I stated without taking a stab at the kid..... Wellll, in my opinion I have always loved new **** when I bought it and installed it, unless it did not fit right of course. Didn't mean to put you on defense. Of course getting used to new things can take time, but getting accustomed to new variables only adds to experience.

I can't wait to race a national, the overall speed would be something to get used to. Here in Missouri it's different to have a course that is open, the fastest riders always end up with the most torn up looking quads after a race. Pretty much every where here ends up being rocky, and it is always tight. The virgin tracks are knarly as hell and make for the best stories of course.