PDA

View Full Version : How to put in a clutch on a 95 trx300ex???

4x4_war
05-26-2010, 04:03 PM
what side do i take off? can i do this in frame? heard it was fairly easy. thanks
machine is a 1995 trx 300 ex

rooster300ex
05-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Get a cylmer manual. Tells u how in detail and pictures. No offense but if u don't even know which side the clutch is on I would take it to a shop. Anyways the clutch is on the right side of the engine, and it can be done with the motor in the frame.

4x4_war
05-27-2010, 03:00 PM
excuse me, but ahh, this is my first time putting in a clutch on this faourwheeler, i do not want to spend the money for the manual cause i need it to buy the clutch, and i am a small engine mechanic. i also am an auto mechanic, so dont tell me to take it to a shop. i know what i am doing, and did not ask for your opinion. thanks for the info.

rooster300ex
05-31-2010, 12:27 PM
This site is full of opinions. sorry if i offended u

Arctic Cat Dad
05-31-2010, 05:57 PM
it looks like u did ask where the clutch is. It's not that hard to figure out. A good auto mechanic would just follow the clutch cable and I do believe it would end up at the clutch!!:D :devil:

TRXRacer1
05-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
A good auto mechanic would just follow the clutch cable and I do believe it would end up at the clutch!!:D :devil: Would that work on a 250r? :D

4x4, I don't think we can really blame rooster too much for his advice. 99 out of a 100 times when a question was asked like that it would be best for the owner to take it to a shop. No worries man, just go to service honda dot com or a site like that and you can see all the parts broke down in the OEM parts section. If you know your way around an engine it should be everything you need. Those case gaskets tend to break into pieces when you take it apart so I'd order one with the clutch.

Brad77
05-31-2010, 10:06 PM
I followed the clutch cable one time and it just led me to the fridge so I grabbed a cold one.

TRXRacer1
06-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by Brad77
I followed the clutch cable one time and it just led me to the fridge so I grabbed a cold one. Bahaha!

4x4_war
06-04-2010, 08:23 PM
well i thought i was hearing the clutch, but i have an fmf slip on, and the rivets holding the name plate on were wearing through, so it was rattling and oly did it when i was riding. i do need a new clutch cable too though. also why i thought it was that.