PDA

View Full Version : Haggerty Intake..

mydirtkids
05-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Pro's N Con's? New 90 drr.. clutch n variator not much more on it :scary:

Reimer Racing
05-26-2010, 05:49 AM
We run it on both are 70's. MX and TT. I like it because it seems to be one of the few "bolt ons" that I could see a over all performance gain. Really helps on the starts and off the corners. Just my opinon. I would give it 2 Thumbs up.

05-26-2010, 06:25 AM
ABSOLUTELY 2 THUMBS UP!!! THE VERY BEST IN INTAKES PERIOD!!! If you dont believe me then seriously YOUR missing out. You will not be disapointed in this intake.Look at the top riders in the nationals. Look on the PODIUM HAGGERTY INTAKES. Thats all i need to say. Now its up to you.

#404's Dad
05-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by DINLI MAXIRACER
ABSOLUTELY 2 THUMBS UP!!! THE VERY BEST IN INTAKES PERIOD!!! If you dont believe me then seriously YOUR missing out. You will not be disapointed in this intake.Look at the top riders in the nationals. Look on the PODIUM HAGGERTY INTAKES. Thats all i need to say. Now its up to you.

How are they working for you personally on your boy's quads Toby?

TTracer#22
05-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Our experience with the intake has been good on the 90 but the 70 actually worked beeter with the intake Tommy modified.
JMHO

marsrace2
05-26-2010, 01:27 PM
I cant come up with any cons, only pros. It seems to be working very good for us.

doonanracing
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I am not one whom looks at dyno results and am often skepital with allot of things as have been burnt with some upgrades that where suppose to be the next best thing inthe past like most people have. I believe in actual track results and how the atv performance is when ran. I Have a Malossi motor which we installed the Haggerty Intake on. We ran it first with Koso intake and Keihin carb with decent results just to see how it did. Nothing too exciting though. Installed the Haggerty Intake and my son has holeshoted 3 out of the past 6 moto's he was in and has led a few races since installing at national and local races. We have done nothing else but install the intake. To me that speaks for itself, not dyno reports or whatever else someone uses to sell a product. To see your son or daughter smile (win or lose) after the race is what I am after and this seems to be the only thing that was changed. Absolutely a great product when installed right and getting the correct jetting and clutch to work with it. I used to race Banshees and the best upgrade I felt was the 2-1 carb intake system, this runs right up there with that. Installed it and instantly say better performance out of the motor. Not sure how it will work on a 70 motor, but worked great on the 90 motor. I was worried about bottom end loss but it has Great all around power from top to bottom. Worth the purchase and upgrade. Got better results with a flat slide carb versus a round slide as an fyi.

#404's Dad
05-26-2010, 05:01 PM
I know Wayne and he is as cool as it gets and his intake does work well, we ran against them last year at the TT Nats and their quads ran well.

doonanracing
05-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Just like stated above. One of the first bolt on parts besides an exhaust system I actually can see the difference in performance on the track for TT, MX or XC. Worth every penny. I can't find one negative thing about it and I feel you would be hard pressed to find anyone whom does.

JIM GRACE
05-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Next on our list

dirttrack86
05-26-2010, 10:03 PM
If you run mx , woods, or local TT , it is a great intake. but if you run TT nationals against my daughter, then it is a terrible intake. Dont run it. It doesn't work, it smells funny, it looks terrible, it makes the wheels wobble, it burns the clutches, makes the handle bars shake, causes ignition problems, peels the paint, makes hamburgers taste bad. Remember, if you run TT National 70s or 90s in my daughters class, do not use this intake. But for all other racing, it is great. :D

Reimer Racing
05-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by dirttrack86
If you run mx , woods, or local TT , it is a great intake. but if you run TT nationals against my daughter, then it is a terrible intake. Dont run it. It doesn't work, it smells funny, it looks terrible, it makes the wheels wobble, it burns the clutches, makes the handle bars shake, causes ignition problems, peels the paint, makes hamburgers taste bad. Remember, if you run TT National 70s or 90s in my daughters class, do not use this intake. But for all other racing, it is great. :D

Now that's funny!!! Good Luck this weekend. We will see you guys at Rd. 3. We are going to Steel City for the MX Nat. this weekend.

I know what you mean I bought for the TT bike and it worked so good I bought one for the MX bike.

mydirtkids
05-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Wow...now that was great info guys! Makes me feel better, and if we run TT against your daughter, I put in a restrictor for the first lap!:D Well that speaks volumes about the product! THANKS ALL!

Ryki3r
05-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Has anyone tried this on a modded 50?

05-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by #8trx450r
How are they working for you personally on your boy's quads Toby?

Well I will post on the 6th as we are alcohol and running 1/8 mile drags. ill let you know as we have 2 exact quads ill tell you the time differences.

dirttrack86
05-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Well we dont want to mislead anyone. No product works on every single quad. it may work awsome on this one and not on that one. but Waynes intake works on a very large percentage of them. Some it just bolts right on and is fast, others have to tune a little to get it smoking hot. But if it doesnt work, hang on to it. The next motor you build, it may make it scream. I can build 3 motors exactly the same and one will love a part and the others will hate it. These CRAZY cvt's ! :confused:

mydirtkids
05-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Have 2.5 motors:D so my odds are??? LOL. DON'T JINKS THIS FOR ME :devil: I just bought it!

dirttrack86
05-27-2010, 09:17 PM
LOL. :) But on a serious note, please pray for Wayne and his family. They are in a difficult time, especially the kids, and need our prayers and support this week. :(

#404's Dad
05-27-2010, 09:22 PM
LOL. :) But on a serious note, please pray for Wayne and his family. They are in a difficult time, especially the kids, and need our prayers and support this week. :(

WTF!!! what happened Mark, call me if you want you have my numbers, hoping everyone is alright!!

mydirtkids
05-28-2010, 11:30 PM
One more question, is there a difference in carb applications? The ad has a selection for 24/28/30. I have a 28, and am purchasing a new v-force 3 reed cage. I know the 24 was a more common carb especially for the 70.

Hope all is well for Wayne and family

05-29-2010, 09:07 AM

You have all my prayers Wayne.

rummel
06-14-2010, 09:19 AM
did you guys have to jet up or down or any at all when you installed the intake on the bikes

Reimer Racing
06-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Wayne had told me I would not have to rejet. He was right I did not have to rejet.

rummel
06-14-2010, 10:55 AM
I HAVE A 90CC DRR WHAT CARB SHOULD I RUN WITH THE INTAKE OR WHAT CARBS DO YOU GUYS RUN

mydirtkids
06-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Had to lean my airscrew and needle a little but that was probably due to the change in v-force intake...

Reimer Racing
06-14-2010, 03:12 PM
The size of the carb will be determined by how much motor work you have done and the type of racing you do. On my 70cc MX bike I use a 28mm. On my 90cc TT bike I use a 30mm. I know guys that have used 24mm with the intake and it works just fine.