PDA

View Full Version : 250r info.

tritty_wall
05-25-2010, 08:49 PM
I just got a ESR 350 PV and was wondering what mixing oil i should use. I was using caster 927 with old motor but i seen on here that it isn't good in cold temps. So i was goin to switch to R50 , because i live in canada and its cold here. I was looking last night and someone on here said that R50 isn't good with race gas. So i have no idea now what to use? does a power valve need a oil with a little more lube or a smaller ratio? I was mixing 40:1 with other motor with VP113. What is the best VP race fuel to run with this motor. NEW to Big bores, just looking for some help

Any help would be good, I just want the new motor running at its best.

sikadelic
05-25-2010, 09:26 PM
i use sunoco 110 octane mixed with Dumonde Tech L111 oil at 32:1. I've had virtually no problem with fouling and have gotten 10 years out of my LT500 without a siezure. it has a pv and high compression. I also use the same mix in my LED 370r and have been happy with the results. On the tech bottle it says the oil is 'specially formulated for use at both extreme hot and cold temperatures'......

red88r
05-25-2010, 11:41 PM
We use Klotz race gas and R50 or Benol oil in all of our R's with no problems what so ever. I once asked a old motor builder what he recommended and his reply was was these three words. Klotz...Klotz...Klotz. We mix everything at 32:1