PDA

View Full Version : anyone break their foot or ankle bad?

JJs450r
05-25-2010, 07:18 PM
i broke my talus which is basically the heart of the foot ankle and leg. its been over a year and is still get aches and pains and if i do a lot of walking at work to where i limp bad so my question is what kind of shoes did your doctor recommend ive heard new balance shox what do you guys think thanks

c_olive18
05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I know they look gay, but those sketcher shape up are suppose to be really comfortable. Reebok also makes the same thing.
My sister works as a nurse and said they are the best shoes shes ever worn for standing up all day

ATV Chic
05-25-2010, 08:35 PM
I have a pair of the reeboks theyre very good for ppl with foot issues

fastredrider44
05-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Those shoes are for shaping leg muscles right? Anyway, I broke my foot in half, literally, years ago. Mine took a whie, but I have no problems with it anymore.

sexysilverado45
05-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Well funny this topic comes up now. I just messed mine up pretty good this weekend got in the Dr today and it was something with the ligaments and if it doesn't go back together right you run the risk of a type of arthritis.

That's what he told me so. Idk how to help you with the pain maybe a good lace up brace and good soles

jigg14
05-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Any time you break a bone you'll have more risk of getting arthritis.

I've broke my right foot and both ankles (not at the same time). I have some problems with my right ankle if I walk too much, but I've never asked a doctor what shoes they recommend.

05-26-2010, 03:21 AM
My mom works with a kid who has ankle problems and he mustered himself to buy a pair of MBT's. He said at first he was afraid he wouldn't like them, especially with their price tag. After he wore them for a week he said he will never buy another shoe again. His ankle's no longer give him as much trouble as they used to.

JJs450r
05-26-2010, 05:22 AM
Ya I like how those shape ups feel they are uglier then hel though lol. What's the rebox called

tri5ron
05-26-2010, 06:35 AM
I blew my Talus into 4 pieces over 12 years ago.
1 piece came out each side, 1 piece came out the front, and 1 piece went a couple of inches up inside the leg. It now has what looks like 3 drywall screws, holding it together.
I only have about 20% range of motion up and down, and almost zero rotational motion left to right.

I am literally, physically incapable, of running.
To this day, it hurts like hell ALL the time, and I am very familiar with the limp, and the pain, from a day of walking.
often, it swells up to the size of a grapefruit, and that's it for me.
no more walking/standing fo the rest of the day, without a cane or a crutch.

Good shoes make a HUGE difference in how long I will last each day.

I had considered trying the Skechers, but my wife, who is basically a shoe expert, (she's a marathon runner/long distance walker), and has a pair of them, said that since they work the leg mucles so much, they would destroy me.
She says that they are intended to simulate walking barefoot in the sand.
Just the THOUGHT of walking barefoot in the sand, causes me excruciating pain !

I recently started wearing Reebok walking shoes, with the DMX-MAX soles. (the more "cushion-y" the better).

BTW- The two models that seem to work the best, and are the most comfortable, are ONLY available at the Reebok Outlet stores, and are NOT sold anywhere else.
(Trust me, I've looked, searched, and even talked to Reebok Corporate Headquarters on this).

AND,... I add in their new half length Gel sole to the inside of the shoe.
(you will probably need to buy a half to full size larger shoe than you would normally wear, to fit your foot inside with the added gel sole),... and I do Not remove the original insole to use the gel.
Thats why you'll go with the next size up on the shoe size).

I dont remember the name/model of the gel sole, (it is a Reebok product), but it fits in the rear half of the shoe,... is a thick, clear silicone gel, and has what looks like 2 blue teardrop shapes embedded in the bottoms.
I can send a pic if you like, and I can get the specific model numbers of the shoes if you like.

These shoes are BY FAR, the best thing I have found, and allow me to pretty much last all day without limping or swelling, (much), or the intense level of pain.

I know what your going through. it's not fun,...
and unfortunately, it dosent get much better either.
eventually you just get kind of accustomed to the pain and learn to ignore it until the damn thing swells up so much that you cant even stand up.

I wish I could give you a more positive prediction for the future,.. but the reality of it is, it's going to give you problems for the rest of your life.
That's just the way it is when you bust up the Talus bone.

Good shoes make a big difference.
You'll have to see what works best for you, but certainly at least try the ones I mentioned, and if you need any more info on them, just let me know.

hope this helps.

aDviSol2y
05-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Broke both ankles, can't walk on hard surface without pain. My whole house has hard wood, it sucks to alway have to wear shoes. Its worse when its cold. All my shoes have inserts, and they still ache after a few hours of walking. I might have to try these new shoes they are coming out with. But it seems, whenever something is comfortable or good for you, it has a high price tag. Those shoes don't cost any more than all the other shoes reebok makes. Sweat shops all pay the same. :eek:

JJs450r
05-26-2010, 07:07 PM
i ended up getting new balance pulse 7515 i wanted the reebok easytone but couldnt afford them and these were the next best thing thanks for all the help everyone