PDA

View Full Version : lookin for as much power as can get lookin for suggestions

ngarbe561
05-25-2010, 05:54 PM
im looking to get my motor built up for the move to a at the end of this season i have a motoworks apoxy port and polish head thats shaved for hi comp bigger injector throtle body and intake and the the gear holes were the cam gear mounts to the camshafts are set in a diffrent position and a full pipe and an fmi on my old ds i have a 13:1 compresion piston and a tured and balanced crank fmf pipe and dyno jet tuner ive been looking at getting webcams if i do this dose anyone have a spec on how i should get the cams ground 2 and i was going to run the motoworks head and pipe and the throtle body intake injector and all that god jazz with the hi comp piston is anyone runing oversized valves if so who is making them and what else can i do while keepin the 450cc limt any suggestions would be great thanks in advance

John Noftsinger
05-25-2010, 10:36 PM
LTR450 is your answer! haha TRAIN MORE ! your quad sounds like its got alot of mods already. you either need more training or a faster quad(sure you can get some more hp/torque) if its the quad or you? Training is best and great suspention aswell.

ngarbe561
05-26-2010, 10:29 AM
yeaits not training cuzi usalyy dont fade till the end of the last lap and i depneding on the track somtime im good all the way thru but ineed a lil more im gettin pulled from on the hole and straights exspeacly at nationals haha

ngarbe561
05-26-2010, 10:30 AM
andi just like to have it as fast as i can haha cuz i do alot of dune ridding to so more power the better and i just like to have **** thats fast haha

rrguy
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Possibly the easiest power increases I can think of would be ecu mapping, dyno tune it, cams, different exhaust, .

Some more little things possibly would be different race fuel, better chain, sprockets, falicon knife rod, synthetic oil, wheel bearings etc... All little things but if you are trying to get every possible advantage things like a sprockets that don't match the chain can all rob power.

Ron woods or Dasa should be able to get you a good cam profile.

DS1026
05-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Call BCS. He has alot of time with this machine. I have a motor built by him and it is very fast.

blaster99
05-27-2010, 09:39 AM
yes call BCS. He built my motor and I won the first 2 nationals in open B. There is no reason your can-am can't be just as fast as any other quad out there.