PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Outlaw Review ... FABOLOUS!

08525IRS
05-25-2010, 11:23 AM
I have owned my 09 Outlaw 525 IRS for over a 14 months and I really love this bike! I have had "zero" issues and it has been a great experience to own a machine that performs like this beast.

IRS is great.. give it a shot!
I am not going to spend much time on this but let's just say after years of riding I will NEVER own a solid rear axle quad ever again. Period. The IRS is amazing and soaks up what the SRA can't. If you enjoy trail riding then I strongly recommend you look into the Outlaw 525 IRS. Don't listen to what you read about IRS having body roll, I can push this sideways just as well as a SRA 450! I ride sand dunes just as often s trails and the IRS performs like it should.

Power is amazing!
WOW does this quad have great pull! The acceleration is unmatched it just pulls you so hard. When you run out of gear just grab another one and it will keep pulling you. The bike just screams when you open the throttle, and you will be dusting anything that is unfortunate enough to get behind you. My stock 525 would pin out in 5th at 78MPH.. After adding a Exhaust, EHS racing lid and K&N air filter the bike gained 5HP and a much smoother power curve.

Summary:
Every year Polaris listens to its racers and customers feed back of their machines. Then they spend money on research and development to implement our feedback into the next model years. They actually read Forums just like this one to see what people say about their bikes, and apply the enhancements to make it a win win for everyone!

I have had "zero" issues with my 2009 Outlaw IRS and LOVE how stable and solid everything feels. Overall this is one hell of a bike with enough power and reliability to keep my happy for years to come.

sleddog66
05-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Glad to hear you like it. I have an 07' irs, and really have not had any issue except bulging boots. They also had a couple of recalls on the early run machines. Now POLARIS is going to screw things up and make these things in Mexico! This will be my last Poo sled or quad. Too bad, and I have owned many of both, and really enjoyed most of them, but I will NOT buy one made in mexico. Made in America was a big reason I have run Polaris for 25+ years.:(

birdman7389
05-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Agreed on all points.
Mine has about 70 hours now. Dunes, desert, trails...all good.

I just replaced the clutch slave cylinder this weekend. That's the only thing.:D

TYLER329
05-26-2010, 08:18 PM
You don't even know what is going to be made in Mexico. Polaris doesn't even have it nailed down at this point. Basically that plant will be built to keep up with the crazy utv sales in the southwest. Having the plant there instead of Iowa and Minnesota will make it possible for the dealers down there faster. Also it is being implented to keep up with global sales (which are huge for Polaris) chances are sport quads will be built in the midwest for some time.

RosquistRacer39
06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes but the point is that polaris is taking jobs out of america which is needed very bad at this point in time. The only reason they are going to mexico is because of cheap labor down there. In the end they are just being greedy, they will make the utvs and atvs down there for pennies compared to here in the states and the profit will just go into their pocket. I dont mind paying a little extra for american made products if it goes to help someone out here.
Its good business but is just kind of disappointing, because I too will not be supporting a company that doesn't support me as an american.

sd1
06-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by TYLER329
Basically that plant will be built to keep up with the crazy utv sales in the southwest.

I'm not sure where you got that info from but sales in the southwest US.... CA, AZ,NV have gone down more than 60%...the entire quad/utv market has tanked here..I have seen so many dealerships close its just to sad to think about....So I dont think they will be using that plant for SW sales sir