PDA

View Full Version : anyone know if the 06-trx and the 06- crf have the same head?

Honda5
05-25-2010, 03:41 AM
I got a real nice 06- head the porting looks great it was marked
6 JJ 6 I was told that it was a Rossier but I just want to make sure it is for a TRX befor I stick it on. Anyone know how to tell any differences?
thanks dave

Dennisr
05-25-2010, 07:45 AM
they are not the same, trx has a place for the thermostate on the head and the dirt bike does not. Also I think the exhaust port might come out at a slightly diffrent angle on the dirt bike head.

Honda5
05-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Thanks (I should have known that)!

bracey
05-25-2010, 08:45 AM
you can use the dirt bike head on the trx you will have to put a inline piece of pipe and then install the temp sencore(sp) so your fan will work . the exhaust port is in the same place . my local honda shop has done this a few times

eastside 400
05-25-2010, 06:30 PM
or just ground the temp wire so the fan is all the time

quadrdr77
05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
by the way the pictures look that blacksheep posted it would greatly improve performance on the atv by porting the crf head then sticking it on the trx bottom? just asking im not one to port a head or have a dyno but if the ports on the crf head are that much bigger stock and we cant port the trx head that much seems to me there is a great advantage by putting the crf head on, someone correct me if im wrong on that. is the fan sensor the only thing you have to worry about when making the swap? im not running one on my 07.

SR20motorsports
10-08-2010, 12:59 AM
So head bolts everything else line up? I have an 05 trx port polished crf valves the works done. Lookin for a little more and if the head just bolts on and all that I lose is temp and thermostat not a big deal I run neither. Honda heads are super cheap and my cam should bolt in along with valves and springs? It sounds like a pretty easy swap then if I understand right?

DnB_racing
10-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Honda5 what cam are you going to run with that head? and do you know which years will fit? I have an 06 and was going to do just what your doing....... please keep me posted on your issues and performance hopefully gains!