PDA

View Full Version : Ktm 350

Allison55ex'er
05-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey guys I'm not in this section much and i have only looked around a little bit so i dont know if this has been covered but yesterday I was watching Motocross on speed and I seen Mike Alessi spankin on the guys on this new KTM 350 in the 450 class! Now im thinkin this would be a good hybrid motor for maybe a 250r chassis. I would love to do somethin like this but it would be out of my price range so figured I would pass on my idea. It is fuel injected and electric start which could probably cause problems with mounting it in a quad frame but it looks to be a pretty compact motor and would be lighter then the CRF 450 motor. I really love how light my 250R is maybe you could save some of that while still switching to a four stroke. Anyways im sure it is possible and hopefully when these things come into production one of these mad scientists can do it

Rootar
05-25-2010, 12:24 AM
the 450 bikes may be overpowered but i dont really think the 450 hybrid of production quads have gotten to that point yet... we get less power due to the two heavy tires out back and have to haul alot more weight on top of that.

NOW if there was a youth class that allowed 350cc motor now youd be talking about a class killer.... light and super fast... i wouldnt know the displacement limit in the different youth classes so i dunno if it could be used there or not.

Allison55ex'er
05-25-2010, 09:48 AM
I still think it would be a strong enough motor. We all know KTM builds some good reliable power it looks lightweight and being electric start would emiminate some problems that building a kicker would. Maybe not the best mx quad but i would still build one

lkrislong
05-25-2010, 07:32 PM
i was told by a buddy who is sponsored by a ktm dealer said the 350 puts out just as much hp as the 450, its fuel injected which the 450 isnt and the 350 is alot lighter so do the math unless the big 4 has something up their sleeves the ktm 350 is going to dominate the supercross class
have to think it will do the same in a quad

harrisandsons
05-27-2010, 08:05 PM
it's legal in the youth class we desert race in we are going to do the build our 250r is ready just shopping for the motor or bike. i'll post pics when we start should be fun!

harrisandsons
05-27-2010, 08:05 PM
it's legal in the youth class we desert race in we are going to do the build our 250r is ready just shopping for the motor or bike. i'll post pics when we start should be fun!

harrisandsons
05-27-2010, 08:07 PM
oopps didn't mean to say it twice.