View Full Version : Was I Wrong?

nastyrider17
05-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Today while I was at school some kid that I never talked to before came up to me and starting making fun of me and talking sh*t. I told him I was going to kick his *** if he didn't stop. After I said that he started being sarcastic about how tough I was. That really pissed me off so I slammed him into the lockers, threw him on the ground, and twisted his arm threatening to break it. He said he was sorry just so I would let him go. A minute or so later, while I was talking to one of my friends, he came up to me and smashed me in the face with a book. By that point I was extremely pissed off so I started punching him in the face as hard as I could. It was all over too fast for him to do anything so I just went to class as he just lied on the ground crying.

Did I do anything wrong doing this because after that people were telling me how much of an *** hole I was for doing that. I don't feel bad about it at all and if he doesn't stop I won't hesitate to do it again.

duke721
05-24-2010, 05:11 PM
sounds like that kid needed his *** kicked anyway **** em man

slightlybent47
05-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Everything comes with a price, and if your willing to pay it then so be it. With the zero tolerance that is in place at most schools and if someone reports it you may end up getting suspended for it.
But sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do.

flyboy1294
05-24-2010, 05:24 PM
If it all possible avoid fighting at school- if you must, take it some where off campus, where there are no witnesses (or even better, your friends are witnesses.)

Odds are the little wuss (who obviously needed a tune up) is going to go home to his parents and tell about how he had been bullied and it escalated to you mercilously beating him in the face. They will call the school, and you very well may find yourself suspended by the end of the week.

I hope none of this happens, I'm just talking from past experiance.

I don't think you did anything wrong. You were provoked, you issued a verbal threat, then you were assaulted and defended yourself. However most of the time everyone is going to be in favor of the loser. :huh

Pappy
05-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Do work son

One_Bad_400
05-24-2010, 05:43 PM
my dad always told me, never start it, but always finish it. sounds like you didnt start it, and deffinatly finished it. job well done

Aarons 01 400EX
05-24-2010, 05:53 PM
As a teacher, zero tolerance in my old school meant that if you were in a fight and were caught doing it anytime during the school year, you could be punished for it.

It's the end of the year, you should of just turned cheek and then found him during the summer. :D

quad59
05-24-2010, 06:20 PM
You warned him he's and A^% he got what he deserved good on you for at least warning him maybe he will learn maybe he wont. I guarantee you though that if you just walked away he would keep on bothering you.

05-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Do work son

work, do it!

Pappy
05-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
my dad always told me, never start it, but always finish it. sounds like you didnt start it, and deffinatly finished it. job well done

Same advice my dad gave me...so I let a guy take a wack at me then pumpled him...the two teachers that tried breaking it up and even the vice prinicple.

My dad asked me why I decided to just hit everyone, I told him once it was started I had to finish it..completley:p

CJM
05-24-2010, 06:51 PM
I woulda done the same, but beat him so bad the first time he woulda needed the hospital. BTDT before, I make it clear you get one warning to leave me alone and thats it.

Worst case is if you havent heard anything by now only thing that can happen is the kid tells his parents and they do something.

Otherwise I wouldnt worry about it besides the fact he my retaliate in the next few days/weeks.

rbgnwa45
05-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I threw a few bows in HS. I don't think I'll ever fight again, it makes me shake. The first time, in grade 9, I slapped a guy so he punched me and I apologized. In grade 10 I was punched because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I didn't hit back and it messed up my jaw for two days. In grade 11 I spent 6 hours building the perfect dirtbike jump and my best friend tore it down because he was mad at his brother (he helped), so when I got to school I dropped him, he cried and I laughed, poor kid lol. In grade 12 I owed a grade 9 $5, he asked for it in the morning and I said I didn't have it so he put a cigarette out on my throat. It wasn't smart on his part to get on the same bus home because right before I got off I grabbed his hair and gave him 6 shots to the face. It was awesome but when I got off I puked because of the adrenaline. You can avoid most fights by standing your ground, stating how you want to be treated, and by being nice. If you want people to know you're not to be messed with, learn basic body-weight transfer techniques, doing little for a large outcome in your favor. If someone throws a punch and you punch their hand as it's extending and they squeel you're going to seem like Bruce Lee.

slightlybent47
05-24-2010, 07:50 PM
In the 6th grade I was bullied for a whole year from a guy at my buss stop. The first day of school in the 7th grade he started it again, I beat the chih out of him just before the buss got there, and he never bothered me again.

But back in my day if you got in a fight the coach would put boxing gloves on you and let you have at it, under his supervision of curse.

CJM
05-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Since were sharing stories:

In 3rd grade this kid moved up from 2nd grade into our class. They sat him next to me and all the kid did was torment me. At this point however I didnt do anything back b/c I had already gotten in ALOT of trouble (do you know any kid who got detention in 2nd grade?). So I just let it be and told the kid to stop, told the teacher, principle and anyone else who would listen but nothing got done.

So as the last few weeks of school come were playing funnel ball and the kid comes up and pushes me out of the way grabs the ball and throws it at my head and hits me.

I chased him all over the playground till i tackled him and beat his head into the asphalt. I beat the kid so bad I got suspended for 2 weeks and he had to go to the hospital. It woulda been worse but since everyone ignored me and my mom pointed it out they felt like idiots and let me off easy.

In middle school some kid thought it was funny when I got off the bus and it was like 40F outside and he sprayed me with a watergun. I went back home, got a ski pole and BEAT the snot out of him. Same kid in HS felt that sitting in a certain seat on the bus in HS was ok and shoving me was a good idea. I smashed him in the temple and knocked his *** out.

In HS in shop class this kid got a socket hurled at his head for making fun of me. I broke a kids arm for taking my backpack, smashed out another kids teeth for trying to start a fight with me, etc.

Since about middle school like I said before: I offer one warning and thats it. I dont take crap..

Canadian144
05-24-2010, 11:02 PM
OP, I probably would have done the same haha, don't feel bad.

SRH
05-24-2010, 11:10 PM
the way i see it the kid shouldnt have ran his mouth...it might be "wrong" by your schools way of thinking but wtf are you suppose to do let ppl go around trying to bully you and hitting you...pssh if what you told us is 100% the truth i think your actions were acceptable...on the other hand..education is pretty important

juice420
05-25-2010, 02:23 AM
All I did in H.S. was fight. Then they finally tried expelling me and I just dropped out lol. About a year and a half after I dropped out they tried getting me to pay for a history book saying I stole it. Needless to say they never got their money. I hated high school it was a joke. I went to night school and got the credits needed for my G.E.D.:p

toby400ex
05-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Who would call you an ***** hole for defending yourself? Was it a bunch of girls calling you that? You're not an ********* unless this dude was a 14 year old autistic kid. Either way he shouldn't run his mouth like that unless he's ready to defend himself.

Ichoptop
05-25-2010, 12:05 PM
violence is never the answer.

flyboy1294
05-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
violence is never the answer.

But self defense is ok.

Basically he only had two options.
1: complain to parents/teachers/principal and (a ruin his reptutation and open himself up for more verbal/physical attacks from others, and (b do nothing to help the situation.
2: defend himself, correct the situation, prevent future harassment by showing he is willing to stand up for himself.

I don't think school administration or parents today understand that going about things the legalistic way in school can literally make the next several years hell for you. Self defense is not a crime; even the judicial system recognizes that. If someone is blantently trying to harm you, you will not be punished for protecting yourself (most of the time lol.)

I still believe he was not wrong. The kid was way out of line, hopefully others can testify to this.

nastyrider17
05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Who would call you an ***** hole for defending yourself? Was it a bunch of girls calling you that? You're not an ********* unless this dude was a 14 year old autistic kid. Either way he shouldn't run his mouth like that unless he's ready to defend himself.

Pretty much everyone except for my friends. They thought it was bull sh*t too.The kid was 16 years old and seems pretty normal. He usually might be a decent fighter cause he's kinda big but I'm quite a bit bigger than him and have a lot of fighting experience.

nastyrider17
05-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by flyboy1294
But self defense is ok.

Basically he only had two options.
1: complain to parents/teachers/principal and (a ruin his reptutation and open himself up for more verbal/physical attacks from others, and (b do nothing to help the situation.
2: defend himself, correct the situation, prevent future harassment by showing he is willing to stand up for himself.

I don't think school administration or parents today understand that going about things the legalistic way in school can literally make the next several years hell for you. Self defense is not a crime; even the judicial system recognizes that. If someone is blantently trying to harm you, you will not be punished for protecting yourself (most of the time lol.)

I still believe he was not wrong. The kid was way out of line, hopefully others can testify to this.

That's exactly how it is. My school already hates me enough so I would get blamed. There's a ton of stuff like this that happens at my school.

Chit
05-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by nastyrider17
Today while I was at school some kid that I never talked to before came up to me and starting making fun of me and talking sh*t. I told him I was going to kick his *** if he didn't stop.

First off, this was a little over the top. He was simply making fun of you, not actually causing you or any of your friends harm. Maybe your "street cred" but who gives a **** about that?

After I said that he started being sarcastic about how tough I was. That really pissed me off so I slammed him into the lockers, threw him on the ground, and twisted his arm threatening to break it.

For being sarcastic? You showed him tough guy.

He said he was sorry just so I would let him go. A minute or so later, while I was talking to one of my friends, he came up to me and smashed me in the face with a book. By that point I was extremely pissed off so I started punching him in the face as hard as I could. It was all over too fast for him to do anything so I just went to class as he just lied on the ground crying.

At this point if he was able to cry, you didn't do your job well enough.

Did I do anything wrong doing this because after that people were telling me how much of an *** hole I was for doing that. I don't feel bad about it at all and if he doesn't stop I won't hesitate to do it again.

Yes, you let a person get under your skin with ease. How are you suppose to take ACTUAL criticism in real life if you feel the need to beat *** at the simplest of insults?

Life's tough. Get a helmet.

CJM
05-25-2010, 06:25 PM
^ So what would you have done, told on him?

If I were in his shoes I probably woulda beat the kid so bad he woulda gone to the hospital.

Also HS is not life, after HS all the BS stops usually cause people realize how dumb they are to act that way.

250x_kyle
05-25-2010, 06:29 PM
no doubt he got hit with a book he got what he asked for. my old man always told me violence isnt the way but if you get hit im not going to yell at you if you hit them back.

last year i got hit in the thy with a book buy a doucher trying to tag me with it. we had cameras in the halls but no the stair wells so i droped him as soon as i got in the stair adn he got in trouble for hitting me with a book and i got nothing out of it.

Chit
05-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by CJM
^ So what would you have done, told on him?

If I were in his shoes I probably woulda beat the kid so bad he woulda gone to the hospital.

Also HS is not life, after HS all the BS stops usually cause people realize how dumb they are to act that way.

Not act like a little kid in a situation that'll effect your education in the long run.

Does it really matter who talks **** to you? Stand your ground and make the other kid feel like a complete dumbass WITHOUT knocking the **** out of him.

I really hope this kid does get in trouble so maybe he'll learn to control his anger because one day he'll get insulted by someone bigger than him, and it won't end the same way.

krt400ex
05-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Chit
Not act like a little kid in a situation that'll effect your education in the long run.

Does it really matter who talks **** to you? Stand your ground and make the other kid feel like a complete dumbass WITHOUT knocking the **** out of him.

I really hope this kid does get in trouble so maybe he'll learn to control his anger because one day he'll get insulted by someone bigger than him, and it won't end the same way.

i think for someone talking ****, there isnt really a need to take him down. i'd throw some words his way and put him in his place. but, at the same time, this kid was warned and knowing the possible outcome, he decided to go ahead and take that risk. at that point he had it coming to him, and no the OP was completely in the right. i'll usually tend to wait till the kid throws the first punch before i hit him back. but either way, if they are issued a warning and dont heed that warning, then they had it coming to them

Ichoptop
05-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Your school should probably take down a camera or two and employ a better English teacher.

I was a bouncer in a few nightclubs and strip clubs for about 5 years through college. I liked to fight and was pretty good at it. One night a guy was a little drunk and started talking trash to anyone who would listen. The club GM gave me the nod to throw the guy out. I grabbed the guy by the back of the neck and walked him out the back door. He, in turn, lipped off and said a few things about my mom and stuck his finger in my chest. I lost my temper and hit the guy once. I must have caught him just right because it shattered his nose, broke three top teeth at the gum and broken his lower orbital bone sending shards into his eye.

Was he wrong for getting drunk and talking smack?....sure, Should he have shut his mouth when I threw him out?.....sure. Was any of this worth him losing the sight in his eye and having to go through at least 3 reconstructive procedures on his face and me living with the guilt that I lost my temper and took half of someones sight for the rest of his life? Not even close.

Since that night, which was 15 years ago this Aug 13th I have never touched another person in anger. If there is a choice to walk away, then do it, you may lose more then just a fight.

CJM
05-25-2010, 06:48 PM

You sound like a spokesperson for kids who were bullied but never did anything about it.

Dude, I dont know where you were raised-but where I come from if a kid had done the same exact thing like I said before-he woulda got beat. how would if affect his education, so you get suspended or a detention. Its not a big deal.

Remember this is HS where something like one kid taunting another can create many, many horrible situations and problems. Like I said before, in the real world after HS all this BS stops and if it doesnt people face legal action or beating them up gets taken to a whole nother level.

And dont tell me you woulda done nothing. Answer the question:

Would you have hit the kid or just taunted him back.

So you taunt him back, what does that accomplish? Its not like the other kid shuts up and walks off.. They continue, then what? You walk off-support they follow you? You tell on them, oh boy the teacher isnt going to do anything cause you cant prove it unless they saw it happen.

Chit
05-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by CJM
You sound like a spokesperson for kids who were bullied but never did anything about it.

Dude, I dont know where you were raised-but where I come from if a kid had done the same exact thing like I said before-he woulda got beat. how would if affect his education, so you get suspended or a detention. Its not a big deal.

Remember this is HS where something like one kid taunting another can create many, many horrible situations and problems. Like I said before, in the real world after HS all this BS stops and if it doesnt people face legal action or beating them up gets taken to a whole nother level.

And dont tell me you woulda done nothing. Answer the question:

Would you have hit the kid or just taunted him back.

So you taunt him back, what does that accomplish? Its not like the other kid shuts up and walks off.. They continue, then what? You walk off-support they follow you? You tell on them, oh boy the teacher isnt going to do anything cause you cant prove it unless they saw it happen.

Am I the only one of made fun of kids who got into fights everyday because someone was talking **** to them, or even their friends.

Biggest waste of time getting pissed over something so small that really should never effected you in the first place.

Continue on with your life trying to prove your manliness to others, and possibly even yourself. I don't need to get into fights to prove I'm one.

250x_kyle
05-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
Your school should probably take down a camera or two and employ a better English teacher.

moste likely, but they got the cameras because someone was stealing every ipod celphone and camera he could get his hands on.

CJM
05-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Am I the only one of made fun of kids who got into fights everyday because someone was talking **** to them, or even their friends.

Biggest waste of time getting pissed over something so small that really should never effected you in the first place.

Continue on with your life trying to prove your manliness to others, and possibly even yourself. I don't need to get into fights to prove I'm one.

You have much to learn in life fella..

The way you talk it sounds like your a push over. The kind where the boss tells you to come in on the weekend and you do it and never say a word.

Not picking on you, but really you sound like a pushover. In the game of life if you ignore the idiots they dont usually go away, they infact will find that they can bother you and you do nothing so it seems even better to them.

Chit
05-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by CJM
You have much to learn in life fella..

The way you talk it sounds like your a push over. The kind where the boss tells you to come in on the weekend and you do it and never say a word.

Not picking on you, but really you sound like a pushover. In the game of life if you ignore the idiots they dont usually go away, they infact will find that they can bother you and you do nothing so it seems even better to them.

A pushover for not starting a fight in a situation that doesn't call for it?

Don't get me wrong. There are situations where it calls for someone's *** getting beat. But a 16 year old talking **** to you in high school? No. Grow up and stop being a muscle headed tard.

trx310R#24
05-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Same advice my dad gave me...so I let a guy take a wack at me then pumpled him...the two teachers that tried breaking it up and even the vice prinicple.

My dad asked me why I decided to just hit everyone, I told him once it was started I had to finish it..completley:p

:D lmao!!!

trx310R#24
05-27-2010, 10:40 AM
yes next time break his arm. =)

trx310R#24
05-27-2010, 10:49 AM

heres what i think you sir are gay or not a sir =p lmao one or the other.

Chit
05-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
heres what i think you sir are gay or not a sir =p lmao one or the other.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dre1131l.jpg

MX MaNiAc 06
05-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Ehh the kid got what he deserved. Sounds like a punk asking for a good whoopin. But watch ur back, im sure its not over yet. ;)

trx310R#24
05-27-2010, 06:32 PM

...no comment needed you just said it all...

rodeo#11
05-27-2010, 08:44 PM
back when i was in high school i had my share of fights which were never really my fault... but our school was super strict about fighting... last fight i got in my senior year i had to go to court also had to do 24 hrs of community service plus i had out of school suspension for 5 days which didnt hurt my feelings i hated high school anyways... plus they threatened to not let me walk on graduation which really set home cause i really wanted to graduate...all and all the kid got what he deserved, i got to graduate and everything worked out pretty good lol minus the court date...and the community service

honda400ex2003
05-27-2010, 10:29 PM

lol are you guys 10? sounds like he deserved to get nailed. if someone did that to me in school he would have been down for sure. look at it this way, if you get suspended, it will be for a few days. you are that much closer to being done when you get back. just get your hm and you will be set for a few days of tv and junk food. :D steve

CEREBRAL
05-29-2010, 12:25 AM
The punk got what he deserved. First off, nastyrider didn't haul off and punch the kid, he twisted his arm and warned him. When the kid hit him with the book is when the punk got hit. HE DESERVED IT.

The more we ignore people like this, the more of these people we seem to have. There are consequences for our actions, but it seems we punish the victims in our society more than the perps.

Zero tolerance is a lazy liberal ideal that has no place in our society. Tell the guys that are buried in Arlington that they were wrong for "killing":rolleyes:

There are times to walk away, but there are also times to show punks that they can't walk around being d ** ks to people.

racer36
05-31-2010, 05:50 AM
I have started to notice how most kids at school think its cool or something to be an *** to anyone and everyone, they just need to be shut down and taught a lesson. You did the right thing, I would have done the same

nastyrider17
05-31-2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. I thought what I was doing was right and now I know it was.

I hate how schools think too. There's this kid at my school who a lot of people make fun of so to get back at them, he pissed in one of the water fountains. Two girls walking out of the bathroom saw him and told the principal. The principal basically ignored the girls and never even talked to the kid about it. A few weeks later one of my friends took a piss in the parking lot near his car (in the woods) so he didn't have to walk all the way to the bathroom. Some kid told on him for it and he got ISS for a day.