PDA

View Full Version : Engine Crankcase Gasket - What to do?

X400EX
05-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Hi,

Today, I've noticed white smoke coming off where my right feet stands after an hard landing. I thought I was hitting the exhaust, but when I've looked under the starter, I noticed some oil on the base.

The gasket is now a little bit out, so it means I got to split the cases. :ermm:

I'd like to know if there's a special solution for this to not happen again?

Thanks.

Harkes2k
06-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Bump anyone else have this issue?

raptorguy
06-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Do a search.

This topic has been covered several times. Not much you can do unless you get 2010 cases. This is a result of a retro fit/repair/recall/bulleting/band aid from the dealers for the cases cracking at the pivot point.

400exc
06-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Does the steel sleeve update help with this problem?

ngarbe561
07-21-2010, 04:13 PM
well i build my own motors for mine so idk how ur doin it but what we did was took a small hole punch and put some notches in teh case to help it hold better or what did teh first time i did the motor i just cleaned the top of the gasket were it pushed out and put a sylicone band aid on it it looks cheap and kinda reneck but it will at least hold if u dont have time to split the cases and the reason why the gasket swels is becuse there isnt enough places were th studs go threw in the back so it dosnt have a verey tight piunch on the gasket