PDA

View Full Version : what I have been up to :)

mattonln
05-23-2010, 07:20 PM
been doing some expiramenting on head porting and this is what I've come up with so far on my trx450r. still have a few small areas to clean up and its not polished yet, but still looks decent. pm me if your interested :)

eastside 400
05-23-2010, 07:47 PM
to me it just looks like a clean up, nothing really looks touched or modified in the port at all, the guide area is barely touched and alot of flow can be made in that area, also you typically want to leave the intake side unpolished so it has a rougher surface, helps the fuel and air atomize better, the exhaust you want polished to try to keep the carbon from building but it doesnt really matter how smooth and polished you get it because carbon will still stick

mattonln
05-23-2010, 08:40 PM
thanks for the input, I haven't touched the guide area because I don't want to mess with the venturi, thats where you lose power. Im just starting so thank you for the input. I plan on playing more and more and have some epoxy ideas to get rid of the oblong shape just before the guide. pretty much thats what I did, clean the casting marks and the rough bumps, since this I have altered the bridge area and made it sharper to help eliminate any turbulance. also I have been thinking about a sort of cyclone pattern done with a very light grit sand paper, you can see it on the untouched side. I have a racers edge head that I am sort of going off of with some of my own ideas Im going to implement. thanks again for the input - matt