PDA

View Full Version : All New Jersey Riders.. Please Fill This Out

99warriorNJ
05-23-2010, 10:57 AM
FILL THIS OUT, THIS BENEFITS THE FUTURE OF OUR SPORT!!!!

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/alert/?alertid=15020441&type=CU&show_alert=1

yellowzo3
05-23-2010, 12:07 PM
No it does not benefit the future of our sport. This has been going on for over a year on this site. Fill out this, write a letter here, show up here for the meeting.

NEW JERSEY WILL NOT OPEN ANOTHER RIDING PARK. THEY WILL TAKE THE MONEY AND PUT IT ELSEWHERE AS ALWAYS.

No one even cares anymore and I doubt anyone even shows up to the meetings either.

Why are we supposed to beg and plead for something that's supposed to be provided? They want us to register our bikes in the state and purchase quads in NJ also. Where is that money going? Who knows. It's all talk and they'll just keep making you fill this crap out until you give up.

It doesn't even mention in the letter where the parks would be located. The letter says they'll create a registration program, build 3 new parks (YEAH RIGHT!!!) and instill stiffer fines for riding where OHV's are not allowed.

Everytime a new location for a park is discovered they find some reason to stop all progress. But I'd bet anything they have no problem building houses on the same lot.

New Jersey SUCKS!!!!

99warriorNJ
05-23-2010, 03:08 PM
if you dont like NJ, dont live here. Keep you negitive comments to yourself. Unlike you, theres still a lot of people that are hoping this happens and would truly like to see it happen. People like you need to realize that one positive thing like this can make huge steps in improving laws aimed at punishing off road enthusiasts.

Guess you failed to read that the AMA, NJOHVA, Motorcycle Industry Council and the Specialty Vehicle Institute of America are asking the Commissioner to take immediate action so these parks do happen and that they are asking for the publics help. NJ law makers enforce these laws against us because they fail to see the benefit that could and should happen from us. Every person that makes contact is another "voice" that can be heard that could possibly finally be the breaking point the state to realize the positive effect off road activities have and the money that it can generate to benefit everyone.

Nobody was trying to force you to fill this form out so stop forcing your negative opinions and ideas on what is, what may and what will happen.

yellowzo3
05-23-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm not forcing anything. I'm simply stating the facts. Sorry I don't have the luxury of taking my stuff and moving to another state. If I did I'd be out of here.

Maybe you haven't read the other threads on the same exact subject. I'm in no way poking fun or trying to shoot this idea down. But honestly, its the same line every time. The same "urgency" is present in every one of these letters. People are urged to attend meetings, voice their opinion, etc...

When will it end? How much longer do we have to fight for what we should already have? We've already got as far as choosing a site for the park and everything. They quickly shot that down because a certain species of frog lived there or something. All they do is create a false sense of hope that we are going to finally get a place to ride. Soon after you never hear another word of it.

The people of NJ know we want a park. They know people have supported the idea in the past for years, they know how many atv riders HAVE to ride illegally if they want to ride at all. My point is that if they REALLY wanted to build a park for us they would have done it already.

Now in these hard economic times when we can't even afford to pay our teachers they're talking about building THREE new parks? Sorry but that won't happen. However, I'd love to see it happen and maybe someday I could once again ride in this state if it does.

I hope more people from NJ chime in to this thread. I'm not arrogant and I appreciate your effort. But I simply don't believe a word of it anymore and I know most people in NJ feel the same way I do. This state talks the talk but they can't walk the walk. The day I see a bulldozer start clearing trails is the day I start to believe.

deathman53
05-23-2010, 06:39 PM
I have been hearing this for 8 years now. Nothing ever happened, in ~03, 3-5 offroad parks were supposed to be created by end of 05. Didn't happen, there was alot of excuses. Dale and the AGP came in. He held the races for ~2 years, then he secured land for the atv park. The first few meetings went good, then it all collapsed. Next, his race series was turned down by every town he applied. The state is very anti-offroad, now the enduro clubs are having problems with their events. The single atv/dirtbike race was nearly shut-down the day of it, permit issues. In 9/08 NJORVP was denied permission to re-new the lease, forcing more riders to illegal or out of state. There were supposed to get another place, they did, but the very very small area of wetlands, some species of animals and locals were rallied against it. The fact that most of the land was not savable and would remain barren was ignored.

04yfz450nj
05-24-2010, 07:13 AM
I wish there was places to go riding where u dont always gota be looken over ur shoulder but I agree with what is said up top they have been saying that for years I sold my bike about 4yrs ago I miss it but oh well.

deathman53
05-24-2010, 08:19 AM
there are probably atleast 100 pits in the state that would be perfectly suited for an off-road park, already completely ruined, never recoverable land. A good bit of them are abandoned also. Instead of the state buying them out and building off-road parks on them, NO, they spend the money to have local and state cops patrol it. Penny wise and pound foolish, this state is. This is what half of the new governor's cuts are, completely wasteful spending. Go and find the movie, The Cartel, for a great example. Its about the waste that is in the school system in NJ, now imagine, almost every part of the NJ is that bad. Some years back there was a film about the waste in the health care system. It was quite disturbing to watch.

CJM
05-25-2010, 05:39 PM
About 3 months ago I was riding at my usual spot where NO ONE ever was bothered by anyone before. I have been riding there for years. Wouldnt you know the game warden or whatever he is almost runs me and my buddy over from an offshoot trail and screams to get off the quads and such.

I acted like I had no clue we couldnt ride there (no signs or anything) and he was nice enough to let us both off with 150 dollars worth of tickets. After being a total jerk.

Sad fact is the place is ideally suited for quad riding and a really nice trail system overall. Doubtful they would ever allow it.

NJ is horrible in this way and one of the reasons I want out of here when I can. The day they open an offroad park and dont decide to close it down later on (which they will most likely do) is the day Ill eat my hat.

Instead of making money off of us say thru registrations, permits, etc. Like deathman said all they do is spend cash to send people out to patrol it-further wasting cash. However the catch is they make tons more money off impounds, and tickets.