PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Frame Price??

red88r
05-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Well as the title states I am thinking about selling my 89 frame I bought to replace my 87. I have found a 87 frame finally.

So I know what I payed for it and was wondering what I should ask. It is in excellent shape with no cracks or repairs done. The powdercoat is not fresh but it is really nice red yet. Only thing I see is the front frame rails are a little dented on the bottom.

So I figure it is gonna cost a minimum of 150 bucks to send out. It is in storage so I didn't take any pics or anything yet. Just seeing if there is even any interest. Just wandering what I should ask shipped for it.

I should keep it for a spare or at least until I redo my 88 in case I run into a surprise, but if I can get my money back out of I will sell it so I can buy more parts for my 88.

Thanks in advance for any help.

destey
05-23-2010, 12:51 PM
If it were me, I'd keep it because the price for frames right now seems to be 200-300. I suppose it depends on how much you want the money. But for me knowing they're not making any more and with the price of aftermarket frames, i'd keep it.

heelclickinonaR
05-23-2010, 02:03 PM
You know, as soon as you sell it, you'll need it.

Never fails....

red88r
05-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks guys that is what I was thinking. I guess I don't need to sell it but it would be nice to use the money for other parts. I am looking for a nice Hinson Clutch Cover and a scooped carbon fiber black hood for Fullbore fenders. Parts must be in excellent to new condition.

Otherwise I guess I would sell it for $500 shipped. If I can't get that for it I will keep it or try to sell it locally.

destey
05-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I just read your sig. So you have four 250rs and a frame? :cool:

red88r
05-23-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah I know I'm addicted. lol Always wanted to own one of every year. None of them have aftermarket frames. Only my 89 is the one that is really fixed up. The frame on the 87 is shot so I also have a white powercoated frame to replace that one.

So yeah right now I actually have 4 complete R's and two frames. A 87 and a 89. Don't have as much stuck into as some people on here do. Wish I could! I worked all the overtime I could for two years just to get these.

Don't wanna push the wife too far....jk. She really thinks it's neat I have all these quads. Keeps me out of trouble.

atvmxr
05-23-2010, 09:29 PM
its great having several quads. that way you can ride pretty much no matter what happens to one or 2 of them...

destey
05-24-2010, 07:05 AM
You got a garage to keep all those treasures? How about post some pictures!