PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin riders.....

heelclickinonaR
05-22-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm looking for some info on using the ATV Trails in Wisconsin. I have already checked out some of the trail websites, but I'm looking for some other info.

Is a Turbine Core spark arrestor on my R good enough or should I use my 450R w/stock exhaust?

Are there any trails that you can get onto from a campsite? I have a Toy Hauler.

What permits do you need to access these trails (nonresident)?

What trails are decent that allow you to ride into town to eat, fuel, etc..?

I took my wife to Silver Lake Sand Dunes last year and she is totally into this. Thanks for any info, Mike

BuB400
05-22-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that the 96db rule is in effect,though I may be wrong. I've rode almost every trail system in the state. I like the Dusty Trails route in Oconto county,and the Marinette county trails. I think that they might even be connected by now but I'm not sure. In Marinette county we stayed at Lake Hilbert campgrounds which is right on the trail. Camping,cottages,and a restuarant right on the grounds. As for out of state you need to get a sticker,contact Wisconsin DNR for that. If you go to Marinette county,get a waterfall map. Some are right off of the trails. Worth checking out. Also check with Wisconsin tourism, they have a good booklet/ATV map that they will send you.

heelclickinonaR
05-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks Bub. That's what I was looking for, I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Anyone else have a good spot? How about Black River Falls?

red88r
05-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Never been to Black River Falls but I heard it's alot of fun and a good trail system. Where I live is like north central wi and there is trails in Merrill, Park Falls, Fifield, Rock Dam. Been to Rock Dam it is pretty fun..alot of sand trails and you can camp there. Never had a problem with spark arrestor issues. You can also check out the trail system by me but it is only like a 26mile run and you have come back the same way on the way home...no loop. That is in Perkinstown. There are also trails north of me called Camp 8 or something like that. Hope this helps.