PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder works 479 kit??? ('04 450r)

450rKid13
05-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Hey. I just found a Cylinder Works big bore kit for sale on RockyMountainATVMC.com for my 2004 honda trx450r. I recently blew the bottom end in my motor (main crank bearing) and i figured that while i have the motor all apart, i might as well do some motor work at the same time. The only reviews on the site for the 450r say that i should run an aft. crankshaft with the kit so i don't blow the motor to bits. My main question about this whole thing is if anyone has ever run this same kit before and if you have any suggestions on other mods to run with it? I was thinking Hot rods crank, CW big bore, then some mild head work.. Has anyone ever done a build with this cylinder kit before and have a suggestion on which cam, valves, exhaust, etc. to run with it? help me out guys. Thanks, -Doug.

chad502ex
05-25-2010, 08:14 AM
great cylinder...

I'm not fond of the piston though,... I prefer my own....

Unfortunately, CW does not sell the cylinder sold without the piston anymore....

On my 500's, I use the CW cylinder, the HR +3 crank balanced to my piston, Web 493 cam, my carb....

Great cylinder.... go for it.

450rKid13
05-25-2010, 05:11 PM
what kind of piston did you run with it? and do you have any idea what the comp. ratio is with this kit? ...since all the distributors are useless when it comes to specifics. lol

and thanks for the reply btw. i didn't think i was gonna get any.